Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
4 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 837
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 537 [4] , given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2013, 13:37
4
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  45% (medium)

Question Stats:

51% (02:11) correct 49% (01:10) wrong based on 201 sessions
Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he invested heavily in the development of the browser.

a)Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he

b)Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete,

c)Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 after hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he

d)Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he

e)Bill Gates originally rejecting the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete,
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

_________________

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...



GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss


Last edited by blueseas on 11 Jul 2013, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
4 KUDOS received
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 510
Schools: Harvard, Columbia, Stern, Booth, LSB,
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 354 [4] , given: 241

Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2013, 19:49
4
This post received
KUDOS
Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he invested heavily in the development of the browser.

a)Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Bill gates developed the idea at one point of time in the past so we should use Simple past instead of Past perfect. Even if past perfect is used the second action is missing. Thus incorrect

b)Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete,
The subject (HE) of the Independent clause is missing so its not certain who invested in the development of browser. Moreover, the use of Simple past doesn't indicate the sequence of events correctly. Thus Incorrect


c)Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 after hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
A sentence must have at least one Independent clause but in this option use of EVEN THOUGH & BUT converts both the clauses into Dependent Clauses without any Independent clause. There is no need to use AFTER as the sequence of events is demonstrated by using Past Perfect. Thus Incorrect

d)Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Correct

e)Bill Gates originally rejecting the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete,
1st Error - The sentence is a Fragment as only subject (Bill Gates) is present without any verb. (Note that "rejecting" is not a verb but a modifier (present participle))
2nd Error- Bill Gates rejected the idea at one point in the past and he is not rejecting it now. So use of Verbal is incorrect here.
Thus Incorrect

_________________

If you like my Question/Explanation or the contribution, Kindly appreciate by pressing KUDOS.
Kudos always maximizes GMATCLUB worth
-Game Theory

If you have any question regarding my post, kindly pm me or else I won't be able to reply

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2013
Posts: 120
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 42

Reviews Badge
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 09:22
Can you please explain why sentence must have independent clause?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 837
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 537 [0], given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 09:30
AMITAGARWAL2 wrote:
Can you please explain why sentence must have independent clause?


can you elaborate your question more clearly....?
_________________

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...



GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2013
Posts: 120
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 42

Reviews Badge
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 11:35
in the above explaination -


c)Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 after hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
A sentence must have at least one Independent clause but in this option use of EVEN THOUGH & BUT converts both the clauses into Dependent Clauses without any Independent clause. There is no need to use AFTER as the sequence of events is demonstrated by using Past Perfect. Thus Incorrect

Why So??
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Looking to improve
Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 177
GMAT 1: 530 Q43 V20
GMAT 2: 560 Q42 V25
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V31
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 65

Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 12:05
AMITAGARWAL2,

But is a coordinating conjunction that joins two independent related clauses. Even though is a sub-ordinator that is used to define an dependent clause.
For the wrong answer choice C, the statement before ,but is not an independent clause. Also remember Even though and but are used to convey a contrast and in choice C using both is redundant.

Hope this is clear.
_________________

KUDOS is a way to say Thank You

2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 837
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 537 [2] , given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 12:09
2
This post received
KUDOS
AMITAGARWAL2 wrote:
in the above explaination -


c)Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 after hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
A sentence must have at least one Independent clause but in this option use of EVEN THOUGH & BUT converts both the clauses into Dependent Clauses without any Independent clause. There is no need to use AFTER as the sequence of events is demonstrated by using Past Perfect. Thus Incorrect

Why So??


I Will say that is not the correct way to say.

here are the rules:

Clauses can be connected with each other through connections
• COMMA FANBOYS & Punctuation(SUCH AS SEMICOLON) –connect 2 independent clauses
• Relative pronouns(which/that/when/who/whose etc) & dependent markers – connect dependent clauses to other clauses

but you cant connect two dependent clause with a FANBOYS (FOR/AND/NOR/BUT/OR/YET/SO).==>Such as in OUR QUESTION:
Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 after hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
EVENTHOUGH...CLAUSE, BUT...CLAUSE===>BEFORE BUT there is a dependent clause...after BUT there is a dependent clause....and BUT comes under FANBOYS group...hence wrong.

how to IDENTIFY INDEPENDENT CLAUSE:
IC MARKER:
HENCE
THEREFORE
NEVERTHELESS
HOWEVER
FOR EXAMPLE
IN ADDITION
MOREOVER
====>NOTE:not necessary that they will always follow a clause...but whenever a CLAUSE is followed..it will be IC.

DC FORMATION:
IT IS FORMED IN 2 WAYS
:

1) STARTING WITH RELATIVE PRONOUNS: which/that/when/who/whose...etc
2) STARTING WITH RELATIONSHIP WORD :
a) reasoning: SINCE/BECAUSE/AS...ect
b) sequencing: AFTER /SINCE/UNTIL/etc..
c) contrast: WHILE/EVENTHOUGH/ALTHOUGH
d) other: IF/WHETHER/UNLESS..etc
note: not necessary they will follow a clause...but if a clause is there===>it will be DEPENDENT CLAUSE.

hope it helps
_________________

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...



GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2011
Posts: 147
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stanford '15
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 97

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 22:35
shaileshmishra wrote:
AMITAGARWAL2 wrote:
in the above explaination -


c)Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 after hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
A sentence must have at least one Independent clause but in this option use of EVEN THOUGH & BUT converts both the clauses into Dependent Clauses without any Independent clause. There is no need to use AFTER as the sequence of events is demonstrated by using Past Perfect. Thus Incorrect

Why So??


I Will say that is not the correct way to say.

here are the rules:

Clauses can be connected with each other through connections
• COMMA FANBOYS & Punctuation(SUCH AS SEMICOLON) –connect 2 independent clauses
• Relative pronouns(which/that/when/who/whose etc) & dependent markers – connect dependent clauses to other clauses

but you cant connect two dependent clause with a FANBOYS (FOR/AND/NOR/BUT/OR/YET/SO).==>Such as in OUR QUESTION:
Even though Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 after hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
EVENTHOUGH...CLAUSE, BUT...CLAUSE===>BEFORE BUT there is a dependent clause...after BUT there is a dependent clause....and BUT comes under FANBOYS group...hence wrong.

how to IDENTIFY INDEPENDENT CLAUSE:
IC MARKER:
HENCE
THEREFORE
NEVERTHELESS
HOWEVER
FOR EXAMPLE
IN ADDITION
MOREOVER
====>NOTE:not necessary that they will always follow a clause...but whenever a CLAUSE is followed..it will be IC.

DC FORMATION:
IT IS FORMED IN 2 WAYS
:

1) STARTING WITH RELATIVE PRONOUNS: which/that/when/who/whose...etc
2) STARTING WITH RELATIONSHIP WORD :
a) reasoning: SINCE/BECAUSE/AS...ect
b) sequencing: AFTER /SINCE/UNTIL/etc..
c) contrast: WHILE/EVENTHOUGH/ALTHOUGH
d) other: IF/WHETHER/UNLESS..etc
note: not necessary they will follow a clause...but if a clause is there===>it will be DEPENDENT CLAUSE.

hope it helps


Hi Shailesh,
Isn't event though required here as per the meaning of the sentence?
What is the source of this question?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 837
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 537 [0], given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 23:33
cumulonimbus wrote:

Hi Shailesh,
Isn't event though required here as per the meaning of the sentence?
What is the source of this question?


hi,

IMO some contrasting word is required.....which is very well used in correct option D...BY THE USE OF but.
its not compulsory that we need EVENTHOUGH.

hope it helps
_________________

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...



GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2013
Posts: 120
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 42

Reviews Badge
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2013, 11:19
Thanks guys...now I get it why use of event though was incorrect
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 161
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 73

Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 12:38
fameatop wrote:
Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he invested heavily in the development of the browser.

a)Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Bill gates developed the idea at one point of time in the past so we should use Simple past instead of Past perfect. Even if past perfect is used the second action is missing. Thus incorrect


d)Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Correct



Sorry but why is A incorrect again? What is the second action? A clearer explanation would be highly appreciated
_________________

You've been walking the ocean's edge, holding up your robes to keep them dry. You must dive naked under, and deeper under, a thousand times deeper! - Rumi

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... nprep-com/ - This is worth its weight in gold

Economist GMAT Test - 730, Q50, V41 Aug 9th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 670, Q45, V36 Aug 11th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 680, Q47, V36 Aug 17th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 1 - 770, Q50, V44 Aug 24th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 690, Q45, V39 Aug 30th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 710, Q48, V39 Sep 13th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 2 - 740, Q49, V41 Oct 6th, 2013

GMAT - 770, Q50, V44, Oct 7th, 2013
My Debrief - from-the-ashes-thou-shall-rise-770-q-50-v-44-awa-5-ir-162299.html#p1284542

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 150
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 41

Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 20:07
Transcendentalist wrote:
fameatop wrote:
Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he invested heavily in the development of the browser.

a)Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Bill gates developed the idea at one point of time in the past so we should use Simple past instead of Past perfect. Even if past perfect is used the second action is missing. Thus incorrect


d)Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Correct



Sorry but why is A incorrect again? What is the second action? A clearer explanation would be highly appreciated


Hi Transcendentalist,

I would like to add my 2 cents.

We use PAST PERFECT i.e "had" usage , when there are two related events happening in the past.
The first event is used with "had" and second event is used with "simple past"

Now,

Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he invested heavily in the development of the browser.

The bolded verbs above are the actions that happened in the past.
1.rejected
2.demonstrated
3. invested

Now, it is clearly written that B.G originally rejected means this action started in the past. Focus on the word "originally".

As per the meaning, Bill gates invested on the basis of the fact that Netscape browser demonstrated.
So, first Netscape demonstrated and then Bill gates invested. These are two related events in the past, so "had" usage is required in demonstrated.

Also, Bill Gates originally rejected is the first action in the sentence, but it has nothing to do with demonstrated, because Bill Gates did not rejected on the basis of Netscape demonstration.
Basically in simple words, these are not two related events in the past.

"rejected" and "demonstrated" are not related events.
"demonstrated" and "invested" are related events.

So, usage of "had rejected" is incorrect.

Therefore, A is incorrect and D is correct.

Hope it helps..!!!


Thanks,
Jai

KUDOS if it HELPED..!!! :)
_________________

MODULUS Concept ---> inequalities-158054.html#p1257636
HEXAGON Theory ---> hexagon-theory-tips-to-solve-any-heaxgon-question-158189.html#p1258308


Last edited by jaituteja on 27 Aug 2013, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Persevering
Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 223
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT Date: 08-02-2013
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 11:19
Transcendentalist wrote:
fameatop wrote:
Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he invested heavily in the development of the browser.

a)Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Bill gates developed the idea at one point of time in the past so we should use Simple past instead of Past perfect. Even if past perfect is used the second action is missing. Thus incorrect


d)Bill Gates originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he
Correct



Sorry but why is A incorrect again? What is the second action? A clearer explanation would be highly appreciated


The word originally does it for me.
_________________

--It's one thing to get defeated, but another to accept it.

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: -24 [2] , given: 2

Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 12:04
2
This post received
KUDOS
Clear D but I got it wrong. Chose B :( thinking there in no sequence of events here. Hearing is obvious to be before investment.
_________________

Struggling BIG TIME with RC.. Any improvement tips much appreciated. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 150
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 41

Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2013, 08:32
Hi,

Lets look at A again.

Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated browser, but in 1997 on hearing that the Netscape browser had demonstrated the potential to make Windows obsolete, he invested heavily in the development of the browser.

Now, we have
1. had originally rejected
2. had demonstrated
3. invested.

the first "had originally rejected" is incorrect because there is now second related event associated with it.
B.G originally rejected... maybe he rejected in 1990, but did he rejected on the fact that Netscape browser would demonstrate something in 1997.

NO..... This action was performed earlier, but there is no second action related to it..

SO usage of "had rejected" is incorrect.

Please re-read my previous post. I have explained it there.

REMEMBER: two related events for "had usage"

For eg:
1.She played cricket and danced.
2.She had played cricket before she danced. ---> Now here, you know the order of events and they are related to each other through sequencing.


Thanks,
Jai

KUDOS if it HELPED..!!! :)
_________________

MODULUS Concept ---> inequalities-158054.html#p1257636
HEXAGON Theory ---> hexagon-theory-tips-to-solve-any-heaxgon-question-158189.html#p1258308

Re: Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b   [#permalink] 27 Aug 2013, 08:32
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Rejecting an offer admit - bad idea? Re-applicants? kdub09 2 07 May 2010, 08:03
Bill Gates bans ITunes Praetorian 1 17 Apr 2010, 13:27
B & M Gates Foundation Annual Report young_gun 0 29 Jan 2009, 06:42
1 Bill Gates bough several pencils. If each pencil was either kizito2001 14 28 Feb 2008, 16:32
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Bill Gates had originally rejected the idea of a dedicated b

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.