Private
Delete
Pin

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 7.27.07 PM.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Equilibrium point (10,5) will give you value of k from Demand curve given by P=k/Q or k=PQ=10*5=50. So we just require a and b, which are used only in supplu curve, so statement 2 is of no help. equilibrium point(10,5) substituted in supply curve equation will give one equation in a and b. We require another equation which is given by point (8,1) in statement 1. Thus statement I is sufficient...A
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Discussed here... If any query you can ask https://gmatclub.com/forum/for-a-given- ... 22528.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
curiousPope wrote:
Both restaurants in downtown Rosemond-Sam’s Diner and the Main Street Cafe-offer a lunch special consisting of a sandwich, a dessert, and a drink for a set price. Which restaurant offers customers more choices for the lunch special? (1) The Main Street Café offers twice as many sandwich choices as Sam’s Diner. (2) Sam’s Diner has 2 more drink choices and 2 more dessert choices than the Main Street Café.

Combined..Main street has ways = 2a*x*y and Sam’s = a*(x+2)(y+2)....From this we cannot say which will be larger. say x and y are 2, then M=8a and S=16a..S>M. But say x=y=10, then M=200a while S=144a...M>S.....Answer is E
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can you please show the values of both dropdowns there? Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
curiousPope wrote:
Both restaurants in downtown Rosemond-Sam’s Diner and the Main Street Cafe-offer a lunch special consisting of a sandwich, a dessert, and a drink for a set price. Which restaurant offers customers more choices for the lunch special? (1) The Main Street Café offers twice as many sandwich choices as Sam’s Diner. (2) Sam’s Diner has 2 more drink choices and 2 more dessert choices than the Main Street Café.

Can you please post a screenshot of this question? Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.18.58 AM.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For the 3 payments you just do ($2000 + $1000 + $500) per balloon. And there 10 ballons so times it by 10 giving you $35k. So 40k - 35K is 5k
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
same for 4 payments, you do ($2000 + $1000 + $500 + $250), multiplied by 10, giving you $37.5K. 40k - 37.5k is 2.5K
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bunuel wrote:
Can you please show the values of both dropdowns there? Thank you!

111.4.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
curiousPope wrote:

Posted here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050723 Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
"The Red Balloon Challenge " one, that is.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
curiousPope, can you also please post/show all values of the dropdowns for this question?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

111.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
@bunuel these are the values for that question
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What I mean is that the dropdowns usually have 3 to 5 options each. So, please provide those for them if you can. Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
manrasingh wrote:
Can someone please answer - https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-football ... 25823.html

In the first sentence we need a synonym of irrespection, that is "whether or not". Similarly the second statement can be derived from the first statement of the question, so they can end in a draw only if paul jr has not played.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
answer is Q2 of 2013
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
manrasingh wrote:
Can someone please answer - https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-football ... 25823.html

1. Whether or not. 2. Only If
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

111.6.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
OFFICIAL TEST QUESTION
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
by median method I’m getting two 50s and two 33.33s. how do I know which one wud be one. by mode metjod they are 1 and 2.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s nothing but the basic application of Median and Mode:
Using Mode Method:
Look for the highest number (frequency) in each Rank Column from 1 through 3
Rank 1- Performer A (with 51 votes)
Rank 2- Performer C (with 95 votes)
Rank 3- Performer B (with 72 votes)
Now, using Median Method:
Each column adds up to 100 votes. So, rank assignment would be based on the answer of 50th and 51st terms
Rank 1- Performer A
Rank 2- Performer C
Rank 3- Performer B
Since we arrive at the same answer using both the methods, therefore, “Same” column of the question stem must be selected for all the ranks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Data Sufficiency Butler: April 2024
April 15DS 1DS 2
­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, can anyone please explain this question

Screenshot 2024-04-15 205539.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
x=ax-ab
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Make sure x=x , so we know that a=1, and to make ab=0 ,b must equal to 0
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
The logic behind x=x? First thing I thought was that x should have a degree of 2 in order to have more than 1 solution.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
X=X means, it can have ANY number of solutions
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any number can be equal to any number, very simple logic
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For linear equation, this was my thought process
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Notice that x/a = x - b represents a linear equation with one unknown, x. Generally, such equations have one solution for x. For instance, x/2 = x - 1, which has one solution: x = 2. Similarly, x/4 = x + 3 also has one solution: x = -4. The only way for x/a = x - b to have more solutions is if the left-hand side and the right-hand side are identical, resulting in x = x, which is true for all values of x, hence more than one solution. This could happen if a = 1 and b = 0, thereby leading to x = x, and infinitely many solutions for x.­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey Guys
can anyone help me with this? Like how will you approach this type of question ?

In a certain company, all employees are either beta employees or standard employees. In this company, 25% of the beta employees and 17% of the standard employees participate in the voluntary equity program. Let S be the number of standard employees. If there are 600 employees total, what is the value of S?

(1) S > 100

(2) more than 130 employees participate in the voluntary equity program
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Maybe E?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rangerwarrior wrote:
Hey Guys can anyone help me with this? Like how will you approach this type of question ? In a certain company, all employees are either beta employees or standard employees. In this company, 25% of the beta employees and 17% of the standard employees participate in the voluntary equity program. Let S be the number of standard employees. If there are 600 employees total, what is the value of S? (1) S > 100 (2) more than 130 employees participate in the voluntary equity program

I think E
As We don’t have a clear value of both parameters S and N(numbers of participants in a program)
S can then take many values
A+S=600
25/100A+17/100S =N

Condition 1— S>100
Condition 2 — N>130
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bunuel wrote:
Notice that x/a = x - b represents a linear equation with one unknown, x. Generally, such equations have one solution for x. For instance, x/2 = x - 1, which has one solution: x = 2. Similarly, x/4 = x + 3 also has one solution: x = -4. The only way for x/a = x - b to have more solutions is if the left-hand side and the right-hand side are identical, resulting in x = x, which is true for all values of x, hence more than one solution. This could happen if a = 1 and b = 0, thereby leading to x = x, and infinitely many solutions for x.­

Please helps me to understand what’s going wrong with my reasoning here.

X/a = X-b
X= aX-ab
X(a-1)= ab
X= ab/(a-1)

Here the only way for X to have more than 1 solution , the denominator have to be equal to 0
Then a=1
(a-1)=0
ab/0 = infinite

And the numerator has to be different to zero to avoid 0/0( undetermined form)

as a=1 b just has to differ to zero

I don’t have a clear value of b
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, can someone help me with this question?

IMG-20240416-WA0000.jpg

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
1(B) 2(F) is it?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Answer given is 1C 2F
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Edoua wrote:
Please helps me to understand what’s going wrong with my reasoning here. X/a = X-b X= aX-ab X(a-1)= ab X= ab/(a-1) Here the only way for X to have more than 1 solution , the denominator have to be equal to 0 Then a=1 (a-1)=0 ab/0 = infinite And the numerator has to be different to zero to avoid 0/0( undetermined form) as a=1 b just has to differ to zero I don’t have a clear value of b

You cannot divide x(a - 1) = ab by (a - 1) precisely because (a - 1) can be 0. Hence, writing x = ab/(a - 1) would be incorrrect.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rangerwarrior wrote:
Hey Guys can anyone help me with this? Like how will you approach this type of question ? In a certain company, all employees are either beta employees or standard employees. In this company, 25% of the beta employees and 17% of the standard employees participate in the voluntary equity program. Let S be the number of standard employees. If there are 600 employees total, what is the value of S? (1) S > 100 (2) more than 130 employees participate in the voluntary equity program

The answer should be C. Is this answer correct?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 16DS 1DS 2
­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bunuel wrote:
You cannot divide x(a - 1) = ab by (a - 1) precisely because (a - 1) can be 0. Hence, writing x = ab/(a - 1) would be incorrrect.

Thanks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

17_Off-6.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can someone explain why the third prompt is not possible to determine ? This question is from GMAT Prep (Focus).
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
can someone advise about the solution of this question please?

Capture.PNG

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Please post the remaining two questions of the passage. Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

Capture4.PNG

Capture3.PNG

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you/ I’ll post the question in MSR forum: https://gmatclub.com/forum/multi-source-reasoning-456/
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 17DS 1DS 2
­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Tables question mentioned above is here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-table-sh ... l#p3385123
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MSR question mentioned above is here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-certain-mo ... 28656.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
After a thought, I realized that although the respondents supporting C in different age groups are given, total people in any range is not specified. A "No" seems apt for prompt-3 then. Is there anything else ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
*For table question posted above.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
i’ve a doubt
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 18DS 1DS 2
­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 19DS 1DS 2
­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, can anyone help me with what the last statement in this question means? Seriously confusing :(
https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-table-gi ... l#p3379303
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
T4Star wrote:
Hi, can anyone help me with what the last statement in this question means? Seriously confusing :( https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-table-gi ... l#p3379303

Check the thread. I have given a reply on it. Otherwise n means the shows in first n years. In these n car shows the cost was 10 and 12 but after that the price increases for each regn.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

111.9.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
official question
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ans:3

111.10.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sorry. ans is 3and 3
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
@chetan2u can you please help with the second part. why is it not 4?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone, please help with it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
curiousPope, answer will be 3 and 3. I’ll talk of second part. The important point is common use at SAME TIME, and you can see between 1700 & 1800, there are three B, C and D together. Thus 3 techniques at same time.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’ve posted the DS question here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/esther-bough ... 28817.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, If we want to have an access to the older Butler ques for the previous months like March or Feburary 2024 then how can we have it. Can anyone share the link for the same?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Bunuel quote

Quote:
The links to previous butler questions are removed. They are gone! You can find them yourself, using the search box. Just put "butler" there and search!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
carcass, Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I will try to search myself by putting "Butler" in the search. Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 22DS 1DS 2
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
option A
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
for this question
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mentioned by curious
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi! I’m new here, not sure if I’m in the right room but I have a question for DI. Does anyone understand why X can’t be Third Street : Every Monday and Y: Second Street: Every fourth Tuesday? Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 4.42.56 PM.png

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
That question is discussed here:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/metro-city-s ... 26152.html
Hope it helps.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, thanks for the fast response. In fact, I’ve gone through that page, however, it’s still not clear for me why my answers can’t work :(
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hchiaki wrote:
Hi, thanks for the fast response. In fact, I’ve gone through that page, however, it’s still not clear for me why my answers can’t work :(

­Got it. Please post your doubt there. Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hello, i have a help please
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hchiaki wrote:
Hi! I’m new here, not sure if I’m in the right room but I have a question for DI. Does anyone understand why X can’t be Third Street : Every Monday and Y: Second Street: Every fourth Tuesday? Thanks in advance!

There was a PM too. So, I am addressing the question here itself. X has to be followed by Y. First monday is not followed by cleaning on first tuesday. Similarly, streets would be cleaned on 2nd and 3rd Monday but it will not be followed by Y. Only on fourth Monday and fourth tuesday, the cleaning of street will be done on consecutive days. Catch words are EVERY Monday and FOURTH Tuesday.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone else want to try this question?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/two-bicycle- ... 28866.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Bunuel- I think answer should be C, but I am not sure.
Firstly, I assumed A=x and B=3x from Statement 1 but since I do not have actual speeds, Statement 1 wasn’t sufficient to determine the time in seconds.
Secondly, the average speed would not be of much help either from Statement 2. So, not sufficient
Lastly, putting the two statements together and applying avg speed formula- (2*S1*S2)/(S1+S2) to get the avg speed of each wheel.
Hence, concluded the both statements together are sufficient to answer the question.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is my approach correct?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also, if we solve further would the answer be 6 3/4 seconds using relative distance/relative speed concept?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PRAGATIOSTWAL wrote:
Hi Bunuel- I think answer should be C, but I am not sure.
Firstly, I assumed A=x and B=3x from Statement 1 but since I do not have actual speeds, Statement 1 wasn’t sufficient to determine the time in seconds.
Secondly, the average speed would not be of much help either from Statement 2. So, not sufficient
Lastly, putting the two statements together and applying avg speed formula- (2*S1*S2)/(S1+S2) to get the avg speed of each wheel.
Hence, concluded the both statements together are sufficient to answer the question.

Is my approach correct?

­
Yes, the OA is C. Could you please post your reasoning in the thread itself? It’s always better to post a solution in the topic rather than in the chat. Thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 23DS 1DS 2
­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 24DS 1DS 2
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
New question in DI: MSR from DI Review https://gmatclub.com/forum/farmers-ofte ... l#p3388302
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
April 25DS 1DS 2
­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
New question in DI butler: The question is posted here