Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Flashcards - page 57

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Flashcards - page 57 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 13:46
Hi,

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section, and also forgive me if this question has been asked before! I couldn't find anywhere in the search engine where this question is answered.

On page 57 of the flashcards, there are two questions: "If there are 5 chairs in a room and Bob and Rachel want to sit so that Bob is always left of Rachel, in how many ways this seating arrangement be achieved?" and "In how many different ways can a group of 8 people be divided into 4 teams of 2 people each?"

The answers provide enough explanation, however I do not know how to calculate the solution. (did I miss this somewhere else?) - how do you calculate N = 1/2 x P (2,5) and how do you calculate the formula c (2,8) x c (2,6) x c(2,4) x c(2,2) / 4!?

I know how to calculate the 4 factorial, but I do not know how to calculate the other parts. Thank you for any guidance!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Flashcards - page 57 - FLASH CARD PAGE 57 and 9 IS INCORRECT [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2012, 18:42
After driving myself and a few other people crazy, we figured out that the flash card is actually incorrect in not only the question I am referencing below, but also there is a mistake in another slide.

Page 57 - bottom right slide - Combinations 6 Answer is incorrect. The formula has the numbers inverted. It should be C8,2 (not 2,8) X C6, 2 (not 2, 6), etc, etc.

Also. on page 92, top right slide - Parallelism Sub Type/Parallel Conjunctions: The correct answer is "The restaurant not only hired a new chef, but also expanded its seating capacity." I believe this is also incorrect, because there should not be a comma before the conjunction "but."
Re: Flashcards - page 57 - FLASH CARD PAGE 57 and 9 IS INCORRECT   [#permalink] 13 Aug 2012, 18:42