Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Mid-way prep : GMAT study plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [3] , given: 0

Mid-way prep : GMAT study plan [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2005, 19:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

I just discovered this site a few days back and its a great site ! Great work by the people who keep this site up.

I was planning to take my GMAT on the 13th of July,2005 and i have been studying for it for the past 7 weeks. But after i took a Kaplan test about 20 days back and bombed it with a 540 i decided to postpone the test. However i took the first PP test 2 days back and got a 660( scaled scores : quant 45 and verbal : 35 and overall percentile : 87 ). I am gunning for 700+ score, so i have decided to give myself some more time to take my GMAT on the 18th of August.

I have the following prep material with me :
Kaplan 2005 book + CDROM
Official Guide.

Now my curent prep status : I have worked through all the problems in the Kaplan book(i have a few more section tests left in the CD. i have taken 3 full length Kaplan tests with 550,570,540 scores) and done about 100 questions(the inital and middle questions) from OG. I realise that these questions are easy, and after reading the posts on these forums, i have decided to do the last 100 of every type.
Also i feel that my verbal and quant skills are equally balanced and that i need improvement in both, i am not particularly strong in either.

Now my questions are :
a) What additional material should i work through ( i have read here that Kaplan workbooks and GMAT 800 are good, which of these should i buy and which is more appropriate for me, given my current situation ?)
b) Suggestions on what kind of a study plan to use from now on. ( i have about 2-3 hours of study time everyday and all weekend )

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

cheers,
karthik
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2005, 12:12
This post received
KUDOS
You have plenty of time to get ready. I had about as much time per day on average as you do and spent 10 weeks on preparation.

First - don't underestimate OG - do all the problems and go through explanations for math you didn't understand, and all SC, RC, and CR.

Second - Kaplan scores tend to be lower, so you need to add about a 100 to estimate your real potential score

As far as preparation materials I am not a good advisor since I only used Kaplan 2005, 800 and OG10. Those books got me busy for 2 months. LSAT CR amd RC problems can come very handy in GMAT preparation.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2005, 22:12
sparky, thanks for those suggestions. I guess i'll work through OG like you suggested.( given that i have anyway finished the first half of the problems )

Regarding the material, could someone who has used both the workbooks and 800, suggest as to whether i should pick up the GMAT800 or the Kaplan workbooks.
  [#permalink] 05 Jul 2005, 22:12