Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 22:29 It is currently 19 May 2024, 22:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
My experience [#permalink]
I gave one GMATin March and I came across atleast 3 such problems for which I couldnot find a solution, And I gave a GMAT today and especially in Q i did not feel there was a single question for which I felt any problem. Rest is upto you to decide. And let me tell you I still remember those 3 questions and I still cannot solve them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Dmitry,

I took the GMAT last week and received a 700 (v34 m50), which was 90 points higher than my GMAT last month. The score is not that great but okay for me to apply to the schools I want (hopefully). I felt that I got more combination questions this time on Math. But thanks to all you brilliant minds in the math forum, these questions were cake in comparsion! I was very happy to barely break the 700, but was a bit disappointed on my verbal performance. I screwed up badly on the last RC, which was extremely long. I was afraid of running out of time, so I skimmed and guessed.

Overall, I felt that math was not as bad as some people have described. Yes, it is tricky, but not unreasonable. However, do be careful with your pace. Keep an eye on the clock, which I forgot to do last month. POE when necessary. You don't have to get everything right to get a good score!! Most importantly, keep the composure and maintain the confidence. Lastly, we all have studied hard for this sucker, so don't let the emotions take over at the last minute .

Good luck to you all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
boarderlee wrote:
Hello Dmitry,

I took the GMAT last week and received a 700 (v34 m50), which was 90 points higher than my GMAT last month. The score is not that great but okay for me to apply to the schools I want (hopefully). I felt that I got more combination questions this time on Math. But thanks to all you brilliant minds in the math forum, these questions were cake in comparsion! I was very happy to barely break the 700, but was a bit disappointed on my verbal performance. I screwed up badly on the last RC, which was extremely long. I was afraid of running out of time, so I skimmed and guessed.

Overall, I felt that math was not as bad as some people have described. Yes, it is tricky, but not unreasonable. However, do be careful with your pace. Keep an eye on the clock, which I forgot to do last month. POE when necessary. You don't have to get everything right to get a good score!! Most importantly, keep the composure and maintain the confidence. Lastly, we all have studied hard for this sucker, so don't let the emotions take over at the last minute .

Good luck to you all!

Hey boarderlee!!

Congrats with 700 score! :kiss :shock:

Could you please share your thoughts regarding the verbal part ( :wall ) . Was it like PP and OG? Was it more difficult that it was on your previous attempt? What were your PP scores?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: My experience [#permalink]
aps_can wrote:
I gave one GMATin March and I came across atleast 3 such problems for which I couldnot find a solution, And I gave a GMAT today and especially in Q i did not feel there was a single question for which I felt any problem. Rest is upto you to decide. And let me tell you I still remember those 3 questions and I still cannot solve them.

Yee, I saw your posts with 640 :?

I am rather good at math. Thus, let's try to solve those three problems together. Maybe it will be helpfull for you in your next GMAT attempt!
Mail me them spymail@yandex.ru
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
pkatz wrote:
The math questions seemed similar in difficulty to the questions in OG. However, the question types were very different from the ones I saw in the official guide. There didn't seem to be as many word problems, rate problems, etc. ETS seemed to be trying to use questions whose format would be unfamiliar and yet no more difficult. Did they succeed? I think they probably raised the difficulty a hair. This can probably be mostly accounted for by the fact that I had never seen many of the quant question types. This does not however mean that traditional test prep materials won't help you get ready. The more you prepare, the more likely it is that you'll be quick on your feet when it's called for.

Good point! Anything about verbal part? BTW, what were your scores?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have a post in this section below. My verbal score was the same as it always is, 41. I never seem to be able to break through to a higher verbal score. My quant score was 45, about 4-5 points lower than I typically score. I'm not sure that I can account for this completely. The section was not more difficult than the powerpreps, just different. I also took a bathroom break in the middle of the quant (lost 3 and a half minutes). That might have been a factor. I had one or two weird questions early in the math that I think broke my confidence as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh I thought the verbal part was representative of the OG. It was definitely tough, but I think it always is. I know I missed some SC, but I never have a clue how I'm doing on the verbal until it's over with. I think that the verbal does not appear to have mutated as much as the math.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
41 is a good verbal score. Dmitry, my verbal is not so good. My input maybe limited. I felt that the verbal was harder than my last attempt in that some CR was longer. Also, my last RC was super long-90 lines+.

However, I felt that OG was a bit easier than the real thing in both verbal and math. 2 RC in the real thing were much longer than any OG RC, but not as long as the practice RC on PP. SC was longer but the type of questions were similiar to OG. You just need to be careful with your pacing since some of these questions are long.

My PP score was not representative because I did OG first. Good luck to you.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37457 posts