Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 21:54 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 21:54
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 2.7
WE:Sales (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 2.7
WE:Sales (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Took gmat today. Verbal crushed me. 31 V 49 Q total 650 [#permalink]
Having come from a similar but opposite position, I think I can speak to your study plan. I took the test 3 times, and crushed the verbal all 3 times, but it took 3 tries to get the quant score I needed. My study plan going in to the 3rd try, was to complete every math lesson in the Kaplan program and supplement it with videos from Khan Academy on certain areas i needed more focus. I studied after work about 4 nights a week, dedicating one night every other week to keeping fresh on verbal. On the weekends I took full length CATs (I didn't write the essays, though) to build mental stamina and ensure I was fresh on verbal, while driving home the quant I was studying heavily. I bet if you use a similar study plan with emphasis on verbal you will have no problem getting into the high 30s or low 40s and getting over that 700 barrier.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 629 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
1 month may be too small a window to improve by 50 points. Your score doesnot improve in last 2 weeks as you are revising. Would suggest you to prepare in a relaxed manner and then book a date 1-2 week in advance once you hit your target score in GMAT Prep. You can try pushing Quant to 50 and that would improve your score by 20 points. OG Verbal review 2 is a MUST. If possible try to get hour hands on GMAT Prep Question Pack 1.Please avoid other resources till you have exhausted official resources mentioned above.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
My result was also Q49 V31 and I got 660 - 1st attempt. I don't know why there is such a difference between your score and mine. I think the major problem to the Verbal part is that you were exhausted after three stressful parts (which really happened to me). So if you want to retake GMAT, you should practice with stress and prepare a good health. If I were you, I would do it.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37574 posts