Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 06:29 It is currently 20 May 2024, 06:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 643 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1542 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
Hi jp, although you would not think of your story as such, it is very inspirational and it will certainly help other test takers. Clearly, it is not your score which will make your story inspirational, it is how you tell your story, how you can dissect what you did good good from what you did not as good as you would have wanted to. Remember that many test takers will be just happy to have your score and depending on which school you are targeting, your score might be sufficient.

Thanks Paul...I don't feel it's a very bad score, but just dissappointed after three LONG months of studying, you know? I'm retaking because I believe the schools i'm looking at would require a higher score. Here's the short list:

Most Likely:
1.) UCLA
2.) Duke

Lower End:
3.) Texas

High End:
4.) Harvard
5.) Northwestern

Obvioulsy my score will have to be higher to get into Harvard/Northwestern...I am still "slaving" away for that potential 700 next time around!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
sparky wrote:
Hi 700,

Thanks for the story. It's interesting. I have a question, were those private tutor lessons helpful? Were they worth $75/h?

22 questions in 30 minutes - that's quite a race :-)

You have to work on those math problems. I am sure you will score much much better on your second attempt. Good luck.

The tutor was pretty good and actually I only went to about 10 hours worth of lessons...so i'ts still much cheaper than a Kaplan course. This guy specializes in those that are seeking to score 700+ and he teaches the actual math and concepts rather than just the shortcuts like Kaplan does. I think it would have been much more helpful for me if I had found him now rather than in the beginning of my studies, if that makes any sense.

When i tutored with him...I was still learning the basics. If you've already established yourself in the high 600's and are looking to take it to 700+ then, yes, i would recommend a personal tutor. i'm in the SF Bay area if anyone would like his info.

jp
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37457 posts