Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 19:36 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 19:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Which school and what are my chances? [#permalink]
Your reasons make sense and it definitely seems like you have a good head on your shoulders. If not LGO, you may want to apply to Sloan outright. It does sound like it would be right in your wheelhouse. Also, if you already did very well in your quant classes, then no, you probably wouldn't get much benefit from building an alternative transcript (you have no low quant grades to improve upon). Of your list, Haas, Ross, and Anderson all sound like good fits given your goals. I don't see the appeal of the other schools, honestly. Have you considered Tepper at all? It has a pretty good reputation in tech and engineering from what I've heard.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked into the programs you mentioned but getting a Masters in Engineering is not something I'd pursue.

The MMM program isn't a masters in engineering, it's a master's in engineering management + MBA.

Anyways, if you want a statistics based comparison, since essays/recommendations/interviews (I swear they're good!!) can't really be compared...

I graduated from a decent state school with a 3.35 in Mech Engineering, upward trend but with a F (for fantastic) on my freshman year transcipt. A meh 680 GMAT. I've worked in the construction industry doing MEP (air conditioning and plumbing systems baby, so yea my job is way less sexy than anything you're doing) engineering consulting for the past five years all with the same company. I got my professional engineering liscense this past year. One promotion on the resume.

I'd put Kellogg's MMM and MIT on the wish list for schools. I'd also look at possibly Duke/UNC for the procimity to Research Triangle Park. Texas is close to a nice Tech area in Austin. And if you're looking at Maryland, Georgia Tech (good engineering school) might be a consideration just from me checking some rankings.

You need to rock the GMAT to make up for the GPA, but your list looks fine. It's got a broad sliding scale on the rankings, which I like as an approach.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1127 posts