Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 21:48 It is currently 22 May 2024, 21:48
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Judge 2013 (Cambridge) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
guys, just wonder why Oxford and Cambridge extended the deadline for further applicants? is it because a drop in the application? or what?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
husfad wrote:
Hi guys, I am just wondering if any R4 applicants did or did not get a feedback from JBS, I learned from the Facebook page that there had been some acceptances sent, but I got nada. Does that translate into a ding?!

have you been interviewed? you can check decision by logging in to your application page (hobsons)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
oneyearmba wrote:
guys, just wonder why Oxford and Cambridge extended the deadline for further applicants? is it because a drop in the application? or what?

But, there is no change in deadlines mentioned on their website.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
greatps24 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:

Yeah, but deadlines look meaningless now, since it is open for anyone to submit the application!!! it is rolling basis admission! this why I am asking, do u think it is due to real drop in the applicatns number (last year was 778 only!) or they want to open for the rejects of other top schools? i just wander..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Panamericano wrote:
husfad wrote:
Hi guys, I am just wondering if any R4 applicants did or did not get a feedback from JBS, I learned from the Facebook page that there had been some acceptances sent, but I got nada. Does that translate into a ding?!

have you been interviewed? you can check decision by logging in to your application page (hobsons)

Thanks, I actually got my conditional offer yesterday afternoon :), the offer was delayed due to some reference check technicality but that worked out just fine..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
husfad wrote:
Panamericano wrote:
husfad wrote:

Thanks, I actually got my conditional offer yesterday afternoon :), the offer was delayed due to some reference check technicality but that worked out just fine..

Congrats :) What is the condition of your acceptance?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Panamericano wrote:

Thanks, well the next step for me is to provide evidence of my planned financing of the year, provide the 15% reservation fee, and get allocated in a college...what is the status of your Judge application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
husfad wrote:
Panamericano wrote:

Thanks, well the next step for me is to provide evidence of my planned financing of the year, provide the 15% reservation fee, and get allocated in a college...what is the status of your Judge application?

I was one of the few in the elite cohort of waitlisted candidates :P still on the waitlist :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Panamericano wrote:
husfad wrote:
Panamericano wrote:

I was one of the few in the elite cohort of waitlisted candidates :P still on the waitlist :-D

Best of luck then :) Hope it gets resolved soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
oneyearmba wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:

Yeah, but deadlines look meaningless now, since it is open for anyone to submit the application!!! it is rolling basis admission! this why I am asking, do u think it is due to real drop in the applicatns number (last year was 778 only!) or they want to open for the rejects of other top schools? i just wander..

oneyearmba - As far as I know, they did not change anything. I believe there has always been a rolling admission period after Round 5 to accommodate last minute applicants. All they did recently is highlight that in a box so it may look different.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Leftcoastguy wrote:
oneyearmba - As far as I know, they did not change anything. I believe there has always been a rolling admission period after Round 5 to accommodate last minute applicants. All they did recently is highlight that in a box so it may look different.

Even LBS is accepting the applications after the last deadline
Intern
Intern
Send PM
greatps24 wrote:
Leftcoastguy wrote:

When I was talking to an adcom member of one of the top UK MBAs recently he mentioned that the number of applicants this year dropped significantly. perhaps they are becoming more flexible now than they used to be to populate the classes with decent candidates.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Panamericano wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
Leftcoastguy wrote:

When I was talking to an adcom member of one of the top UK MBAs recently he mentioned that the number of applicants this year dropped significantly. perhaps they are becoming more flexible now than they used to be to populate the classes with decent candidates.

This is what one understands from accepting applications after the deadlines! Although sometimes some top schools in US do so in certain cases, I remember talking to the admission director at Tepper School of CMU, and she told me to apply if interested and that was 10 days after the deadline for the international applicants. I was interested in their accelerated option where they allow some students to graduate in december the following year. Anyhow, when usually Cambridge MBA team get back to the applicant after submitting the application? two weeks or more?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
oneyearmba wrote:

This is what one understands from accepting applications after the deadlines! Although sometimes some top schools in US do so in certain cases, I remember talking to the admission director at Tepper School of CMU, and she told me to apply if interested and that was 10 days after the deadline for the international applicants. I was interested in their accelerated option where they allow some students to graduate in december the following year. Anyhow, when usually Cambridge MBA team get back to the applicant after submitting the application? two weeks or more?

I was contacted 2 weeks after R4 submission deadline
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Panamericano wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:

I was contacted 2 weeks after R4 submission deadline

so does that mean it is ding if they did not contact the candidate after two weeks of the deadline?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Submitted my application in R4, still waiting on a response. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, but it seems that some have already heard back in R4? Hopefully no response is not a ding.. Good luck to all those still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone has any info about total numbers of students, who accepted the Cambridge offer, for MBA starting from Aug 2013? Current class size is 152.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts