Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 17:37 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 17:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2411 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
There is some interest in the major Canadian schools by American recruiters but it is important not to overstate the level. Indeed, given the admission price of the major Canadian MBA programs, one could probably obtain significantly greater exposure to the US selective recruiters by attending a Trans Elite school in the US. Of course, the Canadian programs have a number of other redeeming factors. Further, many MNCs, especially the Canadian subsidiaries of the MNCs, recruit at the major schools in Canada.

About 4% of graduates from the Class of 2004 Toronto/Rotman are employed in the US vs. some 81% in GTA, 11% Canada ex GTA, and 3% in Asia. About 5% of Summer internships for 2005 were in the US.

Western Ontario/Ivey is a bit more diversified (as one might expect considering it is not located within GTA). About 8% of its Class of 2004 was in the US, compared to 65% in GTA, 15% Canada ex GTA, and 6% in mainland China.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort, from the FT rankings released today, York is now the 'best' Canadian MBA..do you think this is slightly skewed with what everyone talking about Ivey vs Rotman all the time?
Also, York has one of the best ROI's (one of the factors for FT Rankings) which can explain for its rise in rankings..at the same time its placements are as good if not better than Rotman in the last year..
so is the just brand name pulling Rotman and Ivey ahead?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I still view these three programs as basically comparable in terms of reputation. York has the advantage of momentum, Toronto is the strongest overall university of the group, and Western has its reputation from the past.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:UNC Kenan Flagler, Tepper, McCombs, Rotman
 Q50  V40
WE 1: IT Consulting
Send PM
Re: Canadian MBA choices [#permalink]
I am targetting a couple of MBA colleges at Canada for full time MBA to be starting on 2012 -- My initial choices are Rotman and Queens. I am currently in IT consulting and wish to work in Toronto after my MBA in management consulting/product-management. Can anyone please guide me which one will be better to pursue my career-choice?

I think Queens is one-year course. Is it good for career-changers ? Can anyone please put any updates on the same ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Rotman has a very prestigious reputation, and Toronto is an amazing market.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
mba22 wrote:
I am targetting a couple of MBA colleges at Canada for full time MBA to be starting on 2012 -- My initial choices are Rotman and Queens. I am currently in IT consulting and wish to work in Toronto after my MBA in management consulting/product-management. Can anyone please guide me which one will be better to pursue my career-choice?

I think Queens is one-year course. Is it good for career-changers ? Can anyone please put any updates on the same ?

Typically, one year programs are not recommended for career switchers as there is no internship to allow you to test out the new career. Both are good, reputed programs.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Canadian MBA choices [#permalink]
Hi guys
Where can i find universities with lower expectation for Gmat and Toefl score , specially in Canada ?
GMAT Club Bot
Canadian MBA choices [#permalink]
   1   2