Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 06:29 It is currently 20 May 2024, 06:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Wow [#permalink]
Not too bad at all!!!!

How long did you study for this test?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Since I took the GMAT 2 years ago, I was pretty familiar with the exam and the concepts before I started studying.

I probably spent a solid 5 weeks of studying. With 2 weeks before my GMAT, I learned that a friend of mine at Sloan studied 6 hours a day for 4 weeks straight prior to taking his GMAT. Throughly inspired, I spent the last 2 weeks studying about 4 hours a night 5 nights a week and I took 4 full length exams on the weekends. I'd also studied an hour (or more) everyday during the week on my lunch break.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Woo Hoo!!! [#permalink]
I just got my official report in the mail today and I scored a 5.5 on my AWA!!!

That's much better than my 4.0 two years ago. I still maintain that that score was a computer grading mistake! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Notes on Scratch paper [#permalink]
<<9) When you first sit down at the ETS computer on test day and after your breaks, do a "brain dump." Timing will not start until you start the exam, so take advantage of the time to relax and write down everything that you just crammed into your brain...(e.g., equations and diagrams for quant, idioms and other rules for verbal)>>

Can you really do this? Can someone else confirm this? It is legal to write equations and notes on the scratch paper provided before you start the CAT? I think this would really help warm me up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Notes on Scratch paper [#permalink]
Lisa12322 wrote:
Can you really do this? Can someone else confirm this? It is legal to write equations and notes on the scratch paper provided before you start the CAT? I think this would really help warm me up.

Interesting...I never thought of it being controversial. I'd like to hear if other people use this technique.

I've done it on both my exams and never ran into a problem. There are a lot of rules, but I've never seen any that say you can't do anything to your scratch paper once you enter the room but before you start the CAT. During my Princeton Review class, they stressed that everyone make an answer grid and do a brain dump prior to starting the exam. Just don't sit there for an hour in front of your computer before you start your exam!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Notes on Scratch paper [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37457 posts