Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 20:11 It is currently 22 May 2024, 20:11
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
on a related note, do the powerprep tests ramp up in difficulty like the real test, or does everyone get the same questions?

i.e. is it worthwhile to repeat the tests in order to get the most difficult questions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i think u rather take a GMATPREP test...

it will be a better indication of your score.!!

I would love to know if anyone has scored an 800 on the real gmat..
specially since pearson took over....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
actually it was a GMATPrep test, for some reason I thought that was the same as PowerPrep.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1138 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
lifersfc wrote:
actually it was a GMATPrep test, for some reason I thought that was the same as PowerPrep.

Excellent!!!!

Why don't you schedule the test date and appear ASAP. There is no difference between a 760 and 800 as far as admission to top school is concerned. If you have to show an 800 to your girlfriend then it's a different story.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i'm seriously still looking for advice...i'm planning on going through kaplan 800, and i've also heard the OG has some tough questions....worthwhile?

Originally posted by lifersfc on 22 Jul 2006, 14:09.
Last edited by lifersfc on 22 Jul 2006, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Seriously dude I wouldn't even bother taking the test again
A 760 is a horrible score and you must be stupid
I would just continue cleaning toilets as that is all you are qualified to do
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
you guys are straight up assholes...thanks for the help.

if you think i'm a troll, you're wrong.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
you guys are straight up assholes

What a dumbass. You couldn't even get a 1600 on the SAT.

Quote:
...thanks for the help.

You are welcome.

Quote:
if you think i'm a troll, you're wrong

I don't think that you are a troll, just an idiot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
jamesrwrightiii wrote:
Quote:
you guys are straight up assholes

What a dumbass. You couldn't even get a 1600 on the SAT.

Quote:
...thanks for the help.

You are welcome.

Quote:
if you think i'm a troll, you're wrong

I don't think that you are a troll, just an idiot.

whatever...you're obviously bitter about something. my guess is that you were the kid in college that no one really liked because all you did was study and read about politics all the time. oh, and you also probably drive a **** car even though you're almost 30.

honestly, am i going to have to start a new username and thread just to get some honest answers about kaplan 800 and the OG? this is ridiculous.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 794 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
may be that's enough... you are damaging the club's reputation... we are all adults here... come on now... be nice to each other.

lifersfc... I don't know anyone who scored 800 on the test... but if you are a perfectionist (which is fine) 790 is the highest perfect score I have heard people achieve.

And I don't understand the part where you are saying that you made silly mistakes and then you said you need more difficult questions :? The logical conclusion to me is to try to minimize silly mistakes.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1138 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
I suggest no more posting on this subject please. We all are grown up and mature enough. All of us know when to stop.

Dear lifersfc,

I don't think anybody here in this forum got a 760 on his first GMATPrep and that too without any preperation. You must be a god gifted brain and I respect this. Almost everybody here is tryng to learn from each other and giving their level best to achieve a 700+. Many people got 750+ and many did not. So IMO, you will not find many people here who can give a good advice to an 800 seeker.

Anyway best of luck and do let us know your results.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lifer,
Given your first time performance, you clearly don't need to practice harder questions. You probably just need to fine tune some your tactics and you should be on your way to 800. Most of us can't advice you, and that's the truth.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just smoke some weed and take the test! < Just Kidding - pardon my humor! > Don’t waste time preparing!!

Frankly, there is no difference between a 760 and a 800 as far as schools are concerned, as someone else has mentioned earlier! Why do u want to waste your time trying to get a higher score. The opportunity cost will not be worth it! <It' summer dude, I rather be climbing a mountain or enjoying myself outside than study for GMAT!> Rather you can use the time to work on other aspect of the application! Even a 800 score doesn’t guarantee you an admission!

As for the GMAT-Prep, it is quite accurate. I have taken the tests couple of time and have seen the questions repeat. So I do not think it is adaptive! However, the scores are very close to what you can expect.

Worst case I would recommend you to do both the tests in GMAT-Prep, so as to get used to the timing and familiarize yourself with the test format; and be careful, during the test, not to make any silly mistake! Then just take the REAL GMAT!

Just my $0.02! Hope this is useful!

P.S.: I concur with some of the comments above that the message was worded in a manner that sounds more boastful than a request for advice! Be mindful in your essay! Admissions Committee usually doesn’t like people who are arrogant! B-School applicants are supposed to be future leaders in Corporations and in Governments! Who would want to be led by an arrogant leader?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello lifersfc

First of all, your use of language was unwarranted.

I do respect your goal, but what surprises me and most of us is the fact that you are asking for help when you seem to be doing extremely well.
You could have put your question differently.

To answer your question, you might want to get a copy of Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction. Its available at amazon.com. It has received a lot of good reviews here and I am sure it will help you.

You can eliminate unnecessary mistakes by keeping track of them. After every test, classify your errors and pay special attention to those that were avoidable.

This thread is locked.

regards
Praetorian
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]