Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 12:58 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 12:58
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1139 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnyindia wrote:
chill
chill babes!
take it easy. i think i m gonna love this site.
@pelihu- cut the crap & just tell the answer. if u dont- suggest me some good thread where i d get my answers.
i presume u r quite familiar with this forum site...
@necro- u must be knowing that %tile figures changes periodically
thats why i used the term 'trends'

I'm sorry, I don't even know what your question is, and the psychic friends network seems to be closed, so I can't give you an answer. However, that's not a problem since I don't give a crap. When I do give a crap, I'll send you a message and you can ask your question at that time.

I do know one thing from this site, and others; almost all top business schools now interview almost all of their admitted students. That's a good way to keep jackasses out.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1126 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
johnyindia wrote:
chill
chill babes!
take it easy. i think i m gonna love this site.
@pelihu- cut the crap & just tell the answer. if u dont- suggest me some good thread where i d get my answers.
i presume u r quite familiar with this forum site...
@necro- u must be knowing that %tile figures changes periodically
thats why i used the term 'trends'

I'm sorry, I don't even know what your question is, and the psychic friends network seems to be closed, so I can't give you an answer. However, that's not a problem since I don't give a crap. When I do give a crap, I'll send you a message and you can ask your question at that time.

I do know one thing from this site, and others; almost all top business schools now interview almost all of their admitted students. That's a good way to keep jackasses out.

Hey Johnny, I have a couple of questions for you: Did you happen to take the ETS version of the test yourself?? Not PowerPrep, I mean the real McCoy?? Have you also taken a PVue GMAT with the new software, recalibrated scoring algorithm, unerasable whiteboards, etc?? Do you even understand what the topic of this thread is about?? GMATClub exists for the sole purpose of test takers worldwide to be able to network and share strategies about, what some consider to be, a rather challenging computer adaptive test. You obviously have very limited insight as to the topic at hand, so I may suggest that you keep your unwarranted insults to yourself. Disagreeing with the claim that the standard has gone up is perfectly fine, but you seem to find pleasure in scorning other members rather than justifying your own claims :?:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
what happened?
:shock:
ok ll answer to all of u guys.
my apologies if i sounded rude.

wait till i in back to home. :)
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 696 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
[#permalink]
I see several students of mine do the GMAT every month, and I haven't noticed any changes in terms of difficulty to reach 600 or 700 points

Kevin Armstrong
GMAT Trainer
Kaplan
Madrid, Spain
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
necromonger wrote:
Chen,

I think the number of people writing GMAT has also risen steadily. So another possibility is that

-The Number of people writing the test is increasing
-The tougher test level may that compared to ETS, a lower percentage of test takers are scoring high, however, the higher number of test takers might translate to overall higher number of people with higher scores
-Since B-schools aren't necessarily incerasing their annual intakes by large amounts - when they get more applications (number of apps is increasing too) - they can choose to be choosy and therefore increase median scores.

Finally, you could still have a harder test, but median score continue to rise before of the number of people taking it.

hmm..sounds like 'explain the contradiction' CR to me ;)

jchen1731 wrote:
I don't know if anyone other than the testmakers are qualified in commenting on this subject... but one fact that counter "the higher standard argument" is the fact that more people are scoring higher and the mean score has gone up over the years in all categories.

haha... you have study way to much CR!!!! it's a good explanation. I don't know the answer... i do want to point out that a fact you point out is wrong. I think more percetage of people are scoring higher. for example, a 720 used to be in 97%... now it is 96%.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1650 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnyindia

If you have nothing positive to contribute to a thread, please stay away from it. Present your side of the story instead of posting nonsensical arguments.

Let us try to be friendly and helpful. This has worked very well for the Club so far.

welcome to the Club. :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2