Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 14:57 It is currently 20 May 2024, 14:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 309 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 412 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i dont understand people who are upset with these kinds of scores... this is definitely above any median/mean for any top b school so there is no reason to be upset. Also GMAT scores are not the gateway to getting into schools. After gmat marks are satisfied, b schools look at your essays, work exp and characteristics.....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ncprasad: Congratulations on getting 740 though I know that you are capable of more than 40 in Verbal.

As someone said this is a very competitive score and I am sure any school that you are targetting would be OK with your score....

Good luck and Congratulations!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 793 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
you know... after you cool down I would reconsider changing the name of this thread for sure. Not only it gives a wrong message, but also it's actually an insult to many whose scores are way below 40... I understand that you know what you are capable of on the verbal, but 40 is 90th percentile for a reason :!: So I really don't understand what is all the anger about. :roll: You really should be happy. Too bad you're not...

Congratulations.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 793 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:good much better :-D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Prasad,

Congratulations!

While this a great score, I can understand why you are disappointed with the verbal, it is not representative of your capability.

Good luck with the rest of the process!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1067 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fantastic score, you should be really proud of a 740 particularly that your Math and Verbal are at or above 90% - THAT IS AMAZING. I would kill for your score.

Congratulations! I think you should change the title of this thread and go out and celebrate.
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 412 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
[#permalink]
That is a fantastic score. Man, I appreciate your drive and ambition.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations! Best wishes.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 770 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations! It's a great job!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats ncprasad! It's an awesome score and you must not feel less proud of.

I feel that, if you are to get a higher score, you need some luck as well.

In the medium to long run, these scores and our GPAs will pale in comparison to our real achievements in our chosen careers.
As a friendly suggestion, I would say, do not take the entrance exam scores so seriously; the real time performance correlation of the exam
toppers is not that high in general (of course with a few exceptions).

I wish you all the best in your apps next year and wish you become a
super manager/leader.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Re: Q50,V40-740 [#permalink]
ncprasad wrote:
As much as I would like to take the test again, I am planning NOT to do so. I think my time will be better spent in putting together a solid application for next year. I will apply with this score for Fall 2008 and will not take the GMAT again unless the ad-coms give me a reason to do so.

Congrats on your score, and glad to hear you've got your priorities right. Some comments:

1) Standard error of measurement for GMAT is 29 points, so actually your score is 740 +/- 29 points. Your score could be a "negative outlier" and in that case your true score would be about 770.

2) I know you can feel dissapointed if you were expecting a higher score, but, unluckily, re-taking after a 740 will probably do more harm than help (but I await pelihu's comments on why you should re-take to show your actual abilities).

3) If you start working on your app. right away, you will be way ahead of everyone else's game. Take a look at this post for 2008 apps.

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=41961

The whole applying to B-school process has a learning curve and the sooner you start getting acquanted with it, the better.

Hope it helps. L.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Shoot! I got tough competition for fall '08 now! Congrats man! Great score! :cool
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations ncprasad!

I have been following your posts since couple of weeks, especially CRs. I must write that you are too good. 740 is my dream score, but you deserve better than this.

Wish you all the best.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kripalkavi wrote:
Shoot! I got tough competition for fall '08 now! Congrats man! Great score! :cool

Actually, what you´ll learn after going thru the app. process is that you cannot know whether he's tough competition or not by looking at GMAT numbers. Once you are in the schools top 80% or, better, top 50% GMAT, the rest of your app. influences the decision.

Hope it helps. L.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 309 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
kripalkavi wrote:

Thanks! and dont worry! You will be just fine.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Boy what an analysis!!!! I understand what you mean by 12 hour job....Truly amazing achievement ncprasad!! Well done !!! :-D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
kripalkavi wrote:

Actually, what you´ll learn after going thru the app. process is that you cannot know whether he's tough competition or not by looking at GMAT numbers. Once you are in the schools top 80% or, better, top 50% GMAT, the rest of your app. influences the decision.

Hope it helps. L.

Yeah...I know that. That's why I want to spend some considerable time finding the right program for me.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37458 posts