Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 10:43 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 10:43
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Suppose you made a big first impression, and provided you were given a five year limit, what is the MINIMUM annual salary offer you would be willing to accept in order to drop from full time to part time MBA status after completing your internship?

You may select 1 option
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1128 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
You guys are really determined. Nobody even opted for $120K :?:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If they really wanted you, they could wait 9 months.

I wouldn't take the bait. If I liked the position, I would tell them that I would forego all interviews and job searching if they guaranteed the position.

Then I would just chill for 9 months.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Um, ask me 6-10 months from now. Who knows how I would feel then?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3086 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I said $150K. The reasoning is this - for $100K theres not much point - many firms offer to pay for the second yaer and offer $100K starting afterwards. So for me to switch to part time, you at, teh very least, have to offer me $100K + the cost tutition. I chose $150K because it's substantially higher than most starting salaries - and easily pays for the remaining educational expenses over the next few years.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
They couldn't pay me really [#permalink]
When I go off to school in a few years (hopefully!), I will be walking away from a six figure income. Some might call that insane, but in the end you need to think about the long term, that MBA is going to be worth a lot more in a few years and it will provide a lot of mobility in the marketplace, assuming you happen to lose that job.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I put no offer. My main concern is that taking an offer (if I understand it correctly) locks you into working for that employer after you graduate. That's certainly true if they pay for your tuition. One of the most exciting parts heading off to business school is the thought that a multitude of doors are swinging open. Even if you aren't tied into an employer, a lot of the opportunities are tied into on-campus recruiting and extracurricular activities that are designed for full-time students.

Everyone has a different set of priorities, but for me, a full-time MBA seems perfect, while I'd probably just pass on a part-time.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interesting results. 2/3 of the respondants would take an offer provided it were at least as good or better than the average starting salary (for all schools). Considering that more than half of all MBA students are part-timers, it does make sense though. I wonder how many of the same people who chose 150K + benefits would have selected 120K + benefits? I should have tightened the spread in order to find the actual opportunity cost cutoff point.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any way to edit a poll?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]