Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 10:26 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 10:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Is it just me or..... [#permalink]
GMAT_700 wrote:
I take MGMAT CATs and I noticed that their Math questions are kind of hard? I would like to know if in REAL GMAT the math questions are that hard?

yeah. Nothing like the real gmat. Gmatcat on mba.com is as close to the real thing
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fig wrote:
important stuff about GMAT quant

All hail! The quant 'guru' has spoken :)
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
kripalkavi wrote:
Fig wrote:
important stuff about GMAT quant

All hail! The quant 'guru' has spoken :)

:magic
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 979 [0]
Send PM
MGMAT is great [#permalink]
MGMAT CAT Quant. questions are a good reflection of what you can expect on the real thing. Having taken both, I would say that if you can finish the MGMAT questions on time and score well, you will put yourself in a good position to score well on the real GMAT. One thing that I've learnt after preparing a lot and scoring quite low on the real thing is that higher the difficulty level that you get comfortable with, the better.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5049 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fig wrote:
To me, the MGMAT Math questions are concept consuming rather than brain consuming. If u know concepts enough, u will be fine with MGMAT.

But, for the real thing, u will have to be ready with brain consumming questions. Many times, the GMAT Math questions are designed to catch u on the fast & silly mistakes. It wants u to know your weaknesses and so to identify the traps in the questions in which u can fall.... Most of time, the concepts are not that hard in real GMAT but a special angle to represent them combined with a tricky wording from which u must be sure to have well understood every single word is the thing that makes it hard. :)

Good Luck ! :D :)

what do u mean by brain consuming? a lot of quantitative manipulation?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I mean:
> Fresh mind for each question.
> Awarness of all quant aspects linked to a question : the quant surface covered by the question in 1 or multiple quant areas
> Awarness of traps : special numbers 0, 1, 1/n, sqrt(n)...
> Awarness of your weaknesses to explore them in case of a mistake hidden behind them
> A very open minded attitude : most of time GMAT questions want u to go in 1 direction by the shapes of its questions... and so to make u misinterpreting the results with the help of an inertia created by your own education
> and so stamina to do all of this for 37 Q question and behind it u have the V section...

:)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37609 posts