Last visit was: 15 Jun 2024, 13:42 It is currently 15 Jun 2024, 13:42
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q81 V81 DI80
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q81 V81 DI80
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: GMAT FE First Attempt [#permalink]
Kudos
Top 15 may be a tough bargain with that although a good application may just cut it for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q81 V81 DI80
Send PM
curiouskautuk wrote:
Top 15 may be a tough bargain with that although a good application may just cut it for you.

Thanks for the insight! Do you have any idea regarding which colleges would be a good option with this score?

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22412 [1]
Given Kudos: 286
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
­Hi BoxWireOvertake95,

While you do have a solid score, I think it may be on the low side for the top-15 schools. That said, why don't you reach out to some admissions consultants here at GMAT club to see if they can provide some additional guidance?
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q81 V81 DI80
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
­Hi BoxWireOvertake95,

While you do have a solid score, I think it may be on the low side for the top-15 schools. That said, why don't you reach out to some admissions consultants here at GMAT club to see if they can provide some additional guidance?

­Hey Scott..just looked at my score report and it seems that I made most of my mistakes in verbal and data insights. With DI, the time pressure is a real challenge that I faced even while attempting mocks. And with verbal I usually manage to narrrow down to the last two options but end up making mistakes finally selecting between the two. These are trends that been persistent throughout my mocks. Do you have any suggestions for improvement on this regard?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1323 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
GMAT FE First Attempt [#permalink]
Kudos
BoxWireOvertake95

One thing you could consider including is working with a study buddy who is strong on Verbal. If, for example, there are Verbal questions during your prep that you similarly narrow "down to the last two options but end up making mistakes" on, you could discuss them. If you can find someone who needs help with areas of the GMAT you're strong on, that could be a good fit. There's a study buddy thread on gmatclub by the way.

Consider sharing your score report after wiping any personal info as well (people may provide some specific suggestions).

How to score high on GMAT Verbal.­
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4701 [1]
Given Kudos: 651
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
BoxWireOvertake95 wrote:
­Just got done with my GMAT FE exam.

Scored 615 (80 percentile) in my first attempt. Looking at the conversion chart between the classic and focus editions, this comes out to be around 680 in the old format.

Would it be possible for me to still aim for a Top 15 B-school in the US?
I have 4 years of work experience in product development and a GPA of ~3.84 during my undergrad and a GPA of ~3.97 during my graduate program (being the top of my class in both cases). 

I do still plan to re-take the exam some time in July. Although I may be cutting it close with regards to the first round of applications by that time.

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

PS: Anyone who has taken the FE format - did you receive a printout of the unofficial score report? The reason I ask is because I did not get this. Nor was I asked to fill out the school preferences at the start of the exam.­

­Hi BoxWireOvertake95,

1. 615 is a good score, and it may work for the schools you're targeting.

2. Don't worry about the printout and score reporting (score reporting is exclusively after the test, from your mba.com account).

3. In my experience, most test takers underperform the first time around, so I agree that you should go for a retake.

All the best.­
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q81 V81 DI80
Send PM
Is the McCombs School of Business a viable option with this score?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37662 posts