Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 21:07 It is currently 22 May 2024, 21:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
To improve SC you have to keep doing questions over and over. SC is all about pattern recognition -- that's it.

I would recommend doing sets of 20-50 questions and keeping track of your accuracy (% right) and the time taken per question.

As you do more and more of these types of sets you will increase your % and decrease your time per question-- with enough practise you can easily attain 95% & <60s/q.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I highly recommend the Sc1000. I was a bit apprehensive about downloading it because I had already gone thru the OG11 and the OG Verbal, but once I got started I I have really found it to be great practice. Checking the answers is seemless also. I would zoom to 150% on word and just go thru 2 Qs at a time and keep track your errors.

Any Q you get wrong just do a search on the forum, all Qs have been discussed in detail.

My goal is to do up to #500, currently on #175 before my test on nov 2nd. Hopefully by then I will have it drilled in enough practice to ace the SCs.

If only my posts would be 100% gmat sc correct. Using "hopefully" is a big no-no.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
[#permalink]
StartupAddict wrote:
To improve SC you have to keep doing questions over and over. SC is all about pattern recognition -- that's it.

I would recommend doing sets of 20-50 questions and keeping track of your accuracy (% right) and the time taken per question.

As you do more and more of these types of sets you will increase your % and decrease your time per question-- with enough practise you can easily attain 95% & <60s/q.

Best of luck.

Simple and Practical. Thank you StartupAddict.

I'm at Q750s of the SC1000 set. I wish I have more time and energy to practice. Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pavan- just remember to keep a log of all the SC's you're missing and KNOW why you missed them. This will help you recognize some of the 'patterns' that the others are referring to.

Good Luck with SC-ing!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

Thanks u guys are going great in helping me.

I tried 15 sc problems yesterday. hit rate was 60%. missing out on idoms, modifiers, and rhetorical constructions.

keep u update.
Pavan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pavan, what did you mean by "15 SC problems"? Was that 15 SC questions or 15 sets of SC questions?

I just wanna say you need a lot of practice and revision. Both things are important. I often do sets of 50 questions at a time then revise. I actually printed out the whole thing (SC1000 set, 200 pages), practice on that with pencil and highlighter. That's how I keep the "error log".

I am at 800th question now. I stop here and start revising all over from the beginning. I will post my troublesome questions here soon, and hope forum members will find it helpful in some way.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]