Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 12:52 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 12:52
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Recommendation length [#permalink]
Hello All,
Can anyone answer the following for me:

On of my recommender is my immediate supervisor, he got the link for recommendation but does not knwo what is the word limit. He himself is a IIM A grad so probably will write quite a bit. Do you know if there is any word limit for the Reco ?

I checked the offline form and there also does not seem to be a limit on the number of words

Pats
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
No there is no word limit. I knew someone who got a 6 page recommendation letter... as long as your recommender can answer the questions and has good things to say about u :)
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
In the WE section, what does "significant part-time or summer employment SINCE college" mean? Does it mean during college or after college? Thanks!
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
[#permalink]
djhouse81 wrote:
In the WE section, what does "significant part-time or summer employment SINCE college" mean? Does it mean during college or after college? Thanks!

IMO, since college = after college.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
KingKREEP wrote:
djhouse81 wrote:

IMO, since college = after college.

That's what I'm thinkin, but who has summer jobs after college? I guess if you went to law school. Best thing to do is call admissions, and that's what I will do tomorrow.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Transcript Question: Do I need to use the self reported form or can I scan my official ones?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
transcripts [#permalink]
You can directly email the soft copies

Check the following on the FAQ of Darden

Can I fax, mail, or e-mail in my recommendations and/or transcripts?

Yes, but they must arrive in our office by the deadline:

Mailing Address:
Darden School Admissions
100 Darden Blvd
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Fax: 434-243-5033
E-mail: darden@virginia.edu

[/b]
Current Student
Send PM
Re: transcripts [#permalink]
pats wrote:
Darden transcript requirement

Thanks. But what about uploading a scanned copy of the official transcripts as part of the application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
If we have sent by email, I dont think there is any need to upload it.
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 415 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Re: transcripts [#permalink]
KingKREEP wrote:
pats wrote:
Darden transcript requirement

Thanks. But what about uploading a scanned copy of the official transcripts as part of the application?

KK, how are you placed with Darden?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
So, I called up Darden, and they answered the following concerns.

1) Regarding work experience, since college means during college. The adcom said that they want to know about your work experience, and your college work experience counts as that.

2) Transcripts. There are a number of options. You can use the template, fax it in, have an official copy mailed in, or even email it the adcom assigned to you. There are adcoms assigned to us by last name (see below), and mine told me that I can email her the scanned pdf of my transcript. She said there is no preference, except a faxed copy usually is not as clear. I am going to email the pdf, and then where it asks us to upload a copy, I am going to upload a word doc that says it has been emailed to so-and-so.

A-G or Z, contact BeelerJ@darden.virginia.edu
H-N, contact DeaneP@darden.virginia.edu
O-Y, contact ThompsonM@darden.virginia.edu
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in the process of filling out the app...does anyone else hate the interface? Compared to Wharton/Kellogg et al it's downright awful. That being said, I love the essays :).
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
djhouse81 wrote:
I am going to email the pdf, and then where it asks us to upload a copy, I am going to upload a word doc that says it has been emailed to so-and-so.

Wow, that's a little complex isn't it? Why can't we just upload the scanned copies. Oh well, I have to send the e-mail too then.

aurobindo wrote:
KK, how are you placed with Darden?

Oh, I'm doing OK. Essays are pretty much done. One reco is in. Second reco should be in tomorrow. Transcripts are really bugging me on this one though...painful, I tell you.

Ok need some advice here:
essay 1 = 514 words (limit = 500)
essay 2 = 316 words (limit = 300)
essay 3 = 305 words (limit = 300)

I'm well within the +-10% range, but I overshot on all three essays. Safe?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Application Submitted.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
djhouse81 wrote:

1) Regarding work experience, since college means during college. The adcom said that they want to know about your work experience, and your college work experience counts as that.

2) Transcripts. There are a number of options. You can use the template, fax it in, have an official copy mailed in, or even email it the adcom assigned to you. There are adcoms assigned to us by last name (see below), and mine told me that I can email her the scanned pdf of my transcript. She said there is no preference, except a faxed copy usually is not as clear. I am going to email the pdf, and then where it asks us to upload a copy, I am going to upload a word doc that says it has been emailed to so-and-so.

I listed my work experience in college under the activities under the collegiate activities and employment section. Surely, we should not list college work experience in both sections.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Employment Details [#permalink]
Hi

I have a question regarding the Employment History.

1) I had my final year project, but there was no salary as such. For us getting a project from the industry itself was a big thing at that time

Does anyone know if I can still mention it ?

2) I am working for the same company since the past 4 years just have been in two different locations (India and Switz. )
Do i need to enter this as two different entries ?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
lanter1 wrote:
djhouse81 wrote:

I listed my work experience in college under the activities under the collegiate activities and employment section. Surely, we should not list college work experience in both sections.

The way I was planning on doing it was putting my internships in the employment section, and keeping only extra-curriculars in the activities section. The way you did it is different, but it will not matter. The main thing is that you put the experiences in the app, plain and simple.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5  ...  15