Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 11:40 It is currently 23 May 2024, 11:40
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Send PM
Re: Need Profile Standard. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Then the key for you will be to make clear what an MBA is and isn't and Pakistan, and that the standards of an MBA there are very different from those as U.S. schools. I do think it will be a challenge for you (or anyone from Pakistan who already has the degree), but nothing's impossible. Be careful to mke clear that you will be a good citizen in the classroom, though... No one wants to sit next to the guy who keeps saying, "Well, I already have my MBA, and I know that the answer is this..." :)

It's good that you're asking these questions now. If I could give you a wishlist for what to do and accomplish over the next few years, it's to demonstrate leadership at work (not just by managing people, but by making an impact and doing things that go beyond your job description) and to find just one or two things outside of work that you're really passionate about, and taking a leadership role there to. For the latter, it may be community service, or may not be. Preferably it is, but what's more important is that you REALLY care about it, rather than doing it just to "check a box."

Good luck!

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quixx23 wrote:
Be careful to make clear that you will be a good citizen in the classroom, though... No one wants to sit next to the guy who keeps saying, "Well, I already have my MBA, and I know that the answer is this..." :)

Hilarious man. I laughed for about a min over this. Why the hell would I say that :P ? Anyway, thanks for your help. Actually besides building my career in some multi national, I am also looking forward to staring a business of my own (an online business). So if this plan works, do you think that this kind of stuff would be a plus point in my application.
Second you didn't answer my other question. If I don't show my 1st MBA degree, could there be any problem with it in application process or in future?

CB
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ahh, sorry... I would still disclose the fact that you already have an MBA. Definitely don't lie or try to hide anything in your application. Just be clear on why that's different from the experience you're trying to get now.

Re: your post-MBA career plans, I don't think your specific plans are a positive or a negative. But being clear on what you want to do with your degree is always a positive... As much as you can spell out what you want to do (it's okay to not be 100% sure about every detail; that's unrealistic) AND how your MBA will help you do it, that will help strengthen your story.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Scott. Actually even I don't think it's proper to lie or hide any info. Thanks for your help. A lot of things are quite clear now.

CB
GMAT Club Bot