Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 16:14 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 16:14
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1650 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: Feedback about sub-forums - yay or nay [#permalink]
togafoot wrote:
nay, the international applications part is easily lost. - hence the HEC/INSEAD post ending up in the `US` part which is not clearly indicated.

So have the international forum as a separate forum - just like it was earlier?

A little chaos is expected - No problem with posts that do not belong to the place. We can always move it around. We are obviously building this to make GMAT Club more useful to future applicants.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
separate because there is generally more people interested in the US schools so the international schools will get drowned out here (except maybe INSEAD and LBS).
CEO
CEO
Send PM
togafoot wrote:
separate because there is generally more people interested in the US schools so the international schools will get drowned out here (except maybe INSEAD and LBS).

It's done.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
bump.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Kudos
I like how you moved the member profile, essay vault, and everything to the knowledge vault. That makes perfect sense and keeps everything neatly in one place.

I also vote for keeping Int'l separate to get more attention, as long as it's at the same level as the US B-school application forum.

I moved the HEC thing to the international forum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dont know if its possible but i would have loved if the b-school admissions forum was organized as follows:

School name -> year -> round -> posts

of course the ability to create the top three levels should lie with the admins. And we can have moderators for each such schools. since a moderator typically hasnt applied to all the schools, its pointless for a moderator to troll all forums to see whats out there. school specific moderators would do a more focussed job and the responsibility would be delegated to more people, reducing load on existing moderators, improving interaction and sense of belonging.

organizing the forums this way will allow all posts for a given school to automatically consolidate over years and at the same time preserve the basic character of the forum.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
excellent points. thank you for the idea.

You can always bookmark a thread , watch a thread or simply subscribe to a forum (all three features are available).

As far as community is concerned, there is a trade off between how granular you want to go in terms of # of forums and the participation you are going to get. Too many forums (that will happen if classify by schools) will dilute the participation and the idea of community - members helping each other. This is not to discourage you or to reject your idea - this is a delicate balance. I may not be interested in applying to a school, but if I have lived in the area, I may still be able to help.

Obviously GMAT Club is always in flux - users demand features and we are more than happy to comply. The use of a forum as an archive has its limitations. If there are 100 posts in one thread, not every post has useful information. The wiki is something that can be a good way to archive information. It is definitely a launching pad for some of the ideas that you are suggesting. Eventually, we would like to do for b-schools what mahalo.com is attempting to do for search in general.

On a related note, you can review our MBA program database here:

https://gmatclub.com/wiki/Category:Schools

This database makes me feel a little better about the purpose of gmat club - My fear was that we will become a clique for applicants to more popular schools.

Hope this helps.

pandeyrav wrote:
dont know if its possible but i would have loved if the b-school admissions forum was organized as follows:

School name -> year -> round -> posts

of course the ability to create the top three levels should lie with the admins. And we can have moderators for each such schools. since a moderator typically hasnt applied to all the schools, its pointless for a moderator to troll all forums to see whats out there. school specific moderators would do a more focussed job and the responsibility would be delegated to more people, reducing load on existing moderators, improving interaction and sense of belonging.

organizing the forums this way will allow all posts for a given school to automatically consolidate over years and at the same time preserve the basic character of the forum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
prae, i can see your point.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
pan, regarding having specific mods for specific schools, I don't think that is as necessary at the moment, since many of the mods already read ALL the threads (I'm close to one of those) and there are a LOT of us around. Of course, certain mods will take responsibility themselves for the schools they're applying to, while other times members will do it themselves or ask mods to help them out.

It definitely builds community, and so far I don't think anything has really "slipped through the crack", so to speak. But your ideas are definitely well thought out and we thank you for that!
GMAT Club Bot