Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 04:26 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 04:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
Schools:Fuqua '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: When should I send GMAT scores to schools? [#permalink]
falibay wrote:
I think there is an advantage to send them right away. When I took the GMAT my 710 was 93% and when I decided to send my results 6 months after, it became a 92%. Hence, on my application I had to report a 92%. Not a big difference but not great...

$28 per school is totally immaterial comparing to other costs, unless you think that new GMAT takers will do worse than usual (hence increasing your %), you should send them as soon as possible.

How do you keep up with what your updated percentiles are?
Current Student
Send PM
It will tell you when you order your GMAT scores to be sent to schools. Hence you find that out, after... Which is really ridiculous, but then it is the GMAT, I am not expecting much from them...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
falibay wrote:
It will tell you when you order your GMAT scores to be sent to schools. Hence you find that out, after... Which is really ridiculous, but then it is the GMAT, I am not expecting much from them...

That is the reason I put the percentiles as of the day I took the exam. They are higher, plus there is no guarantee that you would have seen the lower ones anyway. In the end 2 percentage points is not going to matter. I suspect they know the general range of scores they are looking for based on the past.
Current Student
Send PM
I was concerned about the discrepancy between the reported numbers and the one they would receive when I send the official report. I agree the difference is not major but I still did not want to explain why I had reported a different % than GMAT... just to be on the safe side.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 688 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
falibay wrote:
I was concerned about the discrepancy between the reported numbers and the one they would receive when I send the official report. I agree the difference is not major but I still did not want to explain why I had reported a different % than GMAT... just to be on the safe side.

i wonder if they would even pay attention given the thousands of apps they need to review. i realized that i put the wrong test date on my haas app. i put the report date (or something like that) instead of the actual test date. in the end, it didn't matter since i still got in. i guess this situation is slightly different, but i wouldn't sweat it. i'd wait until you're certain which schools you want to apply to. i ended up sending reports to schools i was initially going to apply to and then decided not to. i had too many schools on my list and although the programs are great, i wanted to dedicate my efforts to my top choices and not dilute the quality of my apps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
My policy is to be prudent with choosing the right schools and not be concerned with using a "free" option, but that's also because I have lots of savings so I won't notice the fee...
GMAT Club Bot