Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 03:27 It is currently 23 May 2024, 03:27
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4633 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: There is hope [#permalink]
Awesome work and very inspirational words!!!

I may be thinking of USC, as well. Glad to know that your GMAT score was good to go. If you don't mind, what was your Undergrad GPA?

All the Best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
2.7ish. But my gpa was higher then the class avg. Someone told me that the adcom looks at ur gpa relative to the class.

Bottom line for the post is to let prospects know that you dont need a 700+ to get into a tier one school as everyone implies. Just be yourself as I did and do the best you can do. The adcom may look at my retakes as a dedication or they may liked my work portfolio or my thesis. But bottom line is it can be done!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the info! Yes, you are right, there is always hope even if GMAT score is not 700+. I'm very glad to come across your post!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Harvard Business School, Stanford
Send PM
Great effort, good luck in Business school!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Thanks everyone.

THis site really helped me out. I remember going on this site using the iphone and at work. Thought I found many conflicting info I also found some excellent resources like manhattan gmat.

Please dont waste your money on any books other then Manhattan Gmat and their course. Trust me it is money well spent. Another tip my teacher gave me....make sure you spend as much time you study reviewing your practice test. You will be suprise how much you will learn. Even if you got the answer correct please go back and review the answer choices.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Wow, I also took the princeton review and did not really get anything from it and took the test and was in the high 300s. All of my practice tests were in the 400s. It was awful. I am now trying to decide how to study for the second test. I graduated college with a 3.3 ...I am just HORRIBLE at these tests. How many hours were you putting in a week?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Cooper2248817, what are your stats? - work experience, years of employment and field, etc... thks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
thanks alot for the inspiration .....do u think time cat materials will be use ful to improve gmat score . and good luck at ur bschool
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
I hope I can follow your lead if I can't get my target score......I need to focus more essays these days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Wow. This is absolutely amazing persistence. To take the test 5 (or 4, depending on how you count) times is very determined.

I do have one question for you: what made the Manhattan GMAT books so helpful? Why were they good as opposed to others?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37471 posts