Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 13:09 It is currently 18 May 2024, 13:09
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dmit,

If you have 45 in Verbal for GMAT I don't think you should worry too much for the Toefl....I am french, I got 27 on Verbal at my Gmat test and the day after I was taking the Toefl. I got 270 at the Toefl.
The only thing that may be different is more for Listenning, just watch movies, listen radio, etc...

Good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dmit,

Antmavel is right. V45 is a great score. You don't need to worry about TOEFL. Start writing your essays intead.

By the way, could you give some details how did you study for Verbal? Which books were good/close enough to the real test? Any special techniques that you used? Please provide as much as details as you can.

I am not a native speaker so Verbal is a challenge for me :(

Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow! V:45 is quite outstanding. I am worried about my verbal section and only got 26 on Oct. 5. Could you share with us how did you prepare your exam? :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow! V:45 is quite outstanding. I am worried about my verbal section and only got 26 on Oct. 5. Could you share with us how did you prepare your exam? :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello all.
I apologize for the delay with my answer, it's due to my net provider...

First, I found real exam very easy. For example, in verbal part I always thought that made a lot of mistakes, because the questions were extremely simple, especially RC.

Second, as far as my preparation, I did all OG and all GMAT+. These exercises are all you need to practice. Also verbal questions from PR are useful. Kaplan tests are far away from reality... I means verbal parts because I did not specially prepare for the Math but solve Q parts of the practice exams. Kaplan Q is meanless because I didn't see any of such kind of DS in the real test (did 8-9 from 10 correct).
SC strategy is good in Barrons book and in materials from https://s2s.wharton.upenn.edu/wh-wharton ... msg=5423.1 You just should understand the type of error and eliminate wrong choises. Don't care about correct answer - if you draw all incorrect answers, the last will be right even if it sounds strange.
CR: I did not prepare for it, just solved OG. The questions were easy. Try some questions with word problems (where are argument, conclusion, and assumption in the text).
RC: was very hard for me at the beginhing of my study. Practice a lot... Skimming strategy doesn't work. I read all the text. The PR advice to try to explain each paragraph by your own words is good.

Third, my pre-results are 700, 650, 650 Kaplan; 640,760(after OG, so it's wrong overestimating result) PP; 600,650,710 PR. It's easy to see that my real test's score is much better. So don't worry about it...

And finally the main advice. Don't care about really difficult questions. Probably you'll get 3-4 ones at the middle of your test. But it can't make strong influence on your score. You'd better solve correctly the rest 70 questiones. I suppose that my low Q score is due to misunderstanding easy question at the start of the test. I always begin to answer before complete to read the question... did real Q in 60 minutes but with several mistakes.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Very good note, Dmit! I'm sure we all can benefit from your posts.
Have you decided which schools to apply?

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats dmit! gives us hope...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
As far as my choice of schools, I suppose it will be M7+Insead. Just need more information to decide because now I'm loaded with stereotypes.
By the way, I've got PhD in Engineering and MSc in Finance, so it seems Wharton, MIT, Chi, Col fit me and I fit them too. And Insead has one-year program and places nearer to my home...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37452 posts