Last visit was: 24 May 2024, 18:20 It is currently 24 May 2024, 18:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Ross R2, Duke R2
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Columbia Business School '13
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.22
WE 1: Public Accounting (big firm)
WE 2: Public Accounting (small firm)
WE 3: Internet Startup
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Why is everyone giving up already? Is it that bad to have not received the invite yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
cpaswitcher wrote:
Why is everyone giving up already? Is it that bad to have not received the invite yet?

I just don't want to get my hopes up, just to get hurt again later on. It's like at first, they email me, they want to meet me, they're interested in getting to know me, but when I actually decide to give them a chance and give them what they want, I stop hearing from them. I email them, I call them, and all I get is I'll call you, but they never do. I've been hurt too many times before, so I want to take it slow this time. Oh wait, what are we talking about again?

Originally posted by milias on 22 Jan 2010, 18:24.
Last edited by milias on 22 Jan 2010, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
 Q48  V36
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
Is it less applicants, or people actually doing more work at work. Last year we had 54 Pages for Ross at this time and this year 37.

I don't think there are fewer applicants.

As for me, I've been slacking at work for too long now. It looks like I'm gonna have to stay back in the company for one more year. And since the appraisals are going on( I was pulled up a couple of times before), I thought I'd salvage whatever that is left

Unplugged
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Send PM
I'm a late-comer to these forums... add me to the roll-call as an R2 applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Kudos
I dont think its time to freak out or give up yet. If you look at the forums from last year, people were getting invites in the middle of February.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
JohnnyBravo wrote:
Ok, so it's official. I've given up hoping for that interview invite. How terribly annoying.

I'm about to do the same. I thought Ross would be perfect for what I want to do, but I guess they didn't think so. Oh well.

...and I thought I was being super neurotic about this whole application process!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Kudos
I got a invite on Wednesday. I have not visited the campus and wish to do the on-campus interview, but it seems not many airlines have a direct route to Detroit, so I am afraid getting there might be a challenge and will impact my interview performance.

On the otherhand, I am concerned that if I interview off-site I might come across as not interested in the program. If only I can spare another vacation day to visit the school and then do the interview off-site...

Ross is actually one of my target schools as they seem to have very good relationships with all the consulting companies.

Anybody have any ideas?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance,General Management
Schools:Ross (R1-Admit)
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:
Have you gotten your interview invite for this year Gobruins?

Nope, which would be shocking if I didn't actually... since I got an interview last year, and I completed a masters, got way more responsibilities at work, wrote a 2 page coverletter, and rewrote all but 1 of my essays.... I mean how much can a reapp really do?

Hey GoBruins
Why didn't you apply in R1, just curious. By the way you shouldnt worry your profile is very strong....at least much stronger than mine... you will be fine.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
To all those giving up hope of an interview invite, I posted my story a few pages back. I submitted a day before the due date for R1 (I think 10/9??), got an interview on 11/23(!!!), had to scramble for an on-site interview date, did not have an "obviously awesome" interview and was admitted (with lots and lots of promotional emails right up to admission). They also encouraged me to supplement my application to update information that had been declared on my initial submission (maths classes that I was taking that I later received marks for).

So you know what? I feel like I may have been the last person asked to interview for Round 1 and I still got in. Juxtapose this against my situation at UCLA, where I was quickly asked to interview (right on schedule), had a really good interview and was subsequently waitlisted (and I'm in in-state for them).

Don't give up hope!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
euxeno wrote:
milias wrote:
JohnnyBravo wrote:
Ok, so it's official. I've given up hoping for that interview invite. How terribly annoying.

I'm about to do the same. I thought Ross would be perfect for what I want to do, but I guess they didn't think so. Oh well.

...and I thought I was being super neurotic about this whole application process!

To, euxeno, milias, JohnnyBravo
You guys are freaking out too much. From my R1 experience, I can say that its way too early. There will be many more invites in the coming days. In fact in R1 some people who themselves believed that their essays were crap got an invite. You all will get invites in 1-2 weeks.

By the way if you just go back in the thread and see there were so many invites throughout November. This is really too early to freak out. So RELAX! By the way I would like to know what other schools you guys applied to....if nothing else lets kill time.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Ari123 wrote:
You guys are freaking out too much. From my R1 experience, I can say that its way too early. There will be many more invites in the coming days. In fact in R1 some people who themselves believed that their essays were crap got an invite. You all will get invites in 1-2 weeks.

By the way if you just go back in the thread and see there were so many invites throughout November. This is really too early to freak out. So RELAX! By the way I would like to know what other schools you guys applied to....if nothing else lets kill time.

Yeah, in a post on this very thread I described my application as "by far the worst submission I made" but they sent me an interview invite a few days ago. Which immediately made me second-guess what I sent to every other school. So there is hope yet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Sustainable Enterprise & Operations
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q48  V32 GMAT 2: 710  Q49  V38
WE 1: Consumer Goods / IT
WE 2: Retail / Logistics
Send PM
ROSS2012 wrote:
rule number 1, never re-read your application after you have pressed the submit button!

I forgot to order the rule book from Kaplan :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Ross R2, Duke R2
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Ari123 wrote:
So RELAX! By the way I would like to know what other schools you guys applied to....if nothing else lets kill time.

My only two applications are to Duke and Michigan. I'm trying to actually focus on work for a bit now. My productivity has dropped to ridiculous amounts over the last month and a half!

Are you deffo matriculating at Ross?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Ari123 wrote:
euxeno wrote:

Sorry... didn't mean to sound freaked out; I considered myself anxious until I read that other folks were already giving up hope, which makes me feel less anxious by comparison.

What proportion of the R2 interview invitations do folks think have already gone out? Around half?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Sustainable Enterprise & Operations
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q48  V32 GMAT 2: 710  Q49  V38
WE 1: Consumer Goods / IT
WE 2: Retail / Logistics
Send PM
euxeno wrote:
Sorry... didn't mean to sound freaked out; I considered myself anxious until I read that other folks were already giving up hope, which makes me feel less anxious by comparison.

What proportion of the R2 interview invitations do folks think have already gone out? Around half?

Personally I don't think the bulk of invites have gone out. Anyway, the good thing for me is that atleast I know they have reached my application. I got an email asking me to resend my GMAT scores. So now its just fingers crossed and hope for some news.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
JohnnyBravo wrote:
Ari123 wrote:
So RELAX! By the way I would like to know what other schools you guys applied to....if nothing else lets kill time.

My only two applications are to Duke and Michigan. I'm trying to actually focus on work for a bit now. My productivity has dropped to ridiculous amounts over the last month and a half!

Are you deffo matriculating at Ross?

I am applying to Booth and Kellogg in R2. I am waiting to see how things turn out for me. Among Duke and Ross which one do you prefer more?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V41
Send PM
sharmar wrote:
I got an email asking me to resend my GMAT scores. So now its just fingers crossed and hope for some news.

hey sharmar, I also got a similar reply from them

as it turns out, its good that i forgot reporting my GMAT score officially
I got confirmed that they didnt pick my app yet...cheers :-D

hoping for a call now :yes
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6944 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts