Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 06:23 It is currently 19 May 2024, 06:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
2010Chick wrote:
2010Chick wrote:
GPA: 3.7; double major in liberal arts at top 20 private university; graduated Phi Beta Kappa
GMAT: 610 =( (taken 2x; 600 first time; took Kaplan classroom course both times)
WE: Accepted offer at top technology company in sales; plan to work 3 years before matriculation
Nationality: American, under-represented racial/ethnic minority; native to Southeast region

Hobbies: Travel (domestic and international); Community service
Other skills: Spanish as a second language; not quite fluent, but beyond conversational

Should I even be considering a top 20 MBA, or should I set my sights on something else? Also, will a stellar GRE compensate for a crappy GMAT at schools that accept both?

At schools that take both, you don't have to submit your low GMAT scores. You would just submit the stellar GRE and it wouldn't have to compensate for anything. Do you have any college level quant-classes? How did you do in them?

Regards,
Linda

First, thank you for your prompt response. Yes, I did take some courses that were more quantitative in nature.

1)Financial Accounting:A
2)First Semester Calculus:B
3)Second Semester Calculus:B
4)General Chemistry I (w/ the engineers and pre-meds):B

I'm also considering taking a stats and/or an econ course at a community college before applying.

Given your liberal arts undergrad, the more quant A's you can show them the better. Good idea.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]