Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 08:21 It is currently 23 May 2024, 08:21
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink]
I've submitted Kroll about 1m ago, and still didn't get a response back.

I've sent email to chairperson, so lets say what chairperson will say.

I am a bit dissapointed it takes ages to verify simple employment history
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Called Kroll and they said they were finished and had sent NYU my file on Thursday 11/4
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, I received an email yesterday saying the Kroll verification was finished. I paid the deposit, and I made an appt for the coming weekend with my doctor for the health forms. My core group choices are 1) Blue 2) Yellow 3) Green. I did this because I submitted a waiver for the accounting & reporting class, and both the Yellow and Green choices had that class in there. But now, I'm starting to wonder whether that was a good idea or not. I'm confident in my technical accounting skills, but I don't want to miss out on the financial statement analysis or other analytical skills I could gain from taking an accounting class at Stern. What do you guys think about this?

I also filled out a FAFSA app, and now I'm waiting for the reward letter before submitting the Registration and Bursar forms because they ask for those numbers. Is anyone else waiting? Do you guys know how this works? I'm assuming it's the same process as undergrad.

Thanks everyone. Good luck to those still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
bompark wrote:
I also filled out a FAFSA app, and now I'm waiting for the reward letter before submitting the Registration and Bursar forms because they ask for those numbers. Is anyone else waiting? Do you guys know how this works?

I called the financial services office and a woman there told me that I could go ahead and indicate that I planned to use the full Stafford loan amount. It's a regulated $10,250 per semester, and since I plan on using the whole thing (gulp), I submitted my registration forms with that amount listed. She said that FAFSA forms take a few weeks to a month to process, and we should get our award letters after that. In the meantime, if you plan on using a certain amount of Stafford loans (up to the $10,250 max), it seems like you're safe to indicate that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I got this response from chairperson

Thank you for your email. NYU Stern reviews all verification process reports in a timely manner. You will receive an email when the NYU Stern review is complete.

For information on next steps in the enrollment process, please visit the Langone Program Website.

We look forward to welcoming you to NYU Stern.

I guess i have to wait... can't believe it takes so long
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kgold wrote:
bompark wrote:
I also filled out a FAFSA app, and now I'm waiting for the reward letter before submitting the Registration and Bursar forms because they ask for those numbers. Is anyone else waiting? Do you guys know how this works?

I called the financial services office and a woman there told me that I could go ahead and indicate that I planned to use the full Stafford loan amount. It's a regulated $10,250 per semester, and since I plan on using the whole thing (gulp), I submitted my registration forms with that amount listed. She said that FAFSA forms take a few weeks to a month to process, and we should get our award letters after that. In the meantime, if you plan on using a certain amount of Stafford loans (up to the $10,250 max), it seems like you're safe to indicate that.

Oh okay. Are you sure? Then, I'll go ahead and use the max too. I hope you're right. Wow, that's a lot of money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@bompark - Check out the chart about halfway down on this page: https://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/ ... tloans.jsp Grad students (right column) get $20,500 max in Stafford loans per year, or $10,250 per semester. This is assuming that you're eligible for federal aid, so if you have any complications (drug convictions, whatever) I would call NYU directly. I'm sure it wouldn't HURT to wait to get your award letter, but when I called to ask, the woman seemed to think it was fine for me to submit it early with the full amount listed. So...here's hoping! :)

@antihero - Sorry for your wait. On the Fall thread, it seemed like a lot of students were waiting 6 weeks or longer, so don't get discouraged! I'm sure you'll hear back soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I spoke to Financial Aid earlier today and they said spring award letters will be mailed out to new admits at the end of this month. they will show up in your stern email account.

Interestingly the lady said to not put down loans as a form of payment on the registration page yet until the award is received and you've taken the steps outlined on it. it seemed like she had gotten the question on the phone many times already
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm...I'm sure your person was correct. My contact acted like she'd never heard the question before, but nevertheless assured me it was fine to list the full amount of the Staffords, and to just not put PLUS or any other loan types requiring credit approval. Go figure. Better to play it safe, I'm sure!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
whew its been awhile. congrats to all the admits since i've last checked this thread!

I emailed the fin aid office a few days ago, here's their response:

Good morning. Thank you for your email. At this time, our office can confirm receipt of your 2010-2011 FAFSA application. Within the upcoming weeks, you will receive your electronic award notice to your Stern email account. This notice will provide instructions for accessing NetPartner, the financial aid website. At this time, Spring admits are not permitted to access the NetPartner system. You should expect to receive your financial aid award notice granting you access to the system by the month's end. This will allow you time to review your awards, accept them and secure them by the January 6th deadline. We hope you have found this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us should further questions arise.

I had asked them about the registration issue (not being able to complete the bursur form and submit registration until federal aid amount was verified). they didn't really answer my question directly but seems like we have to wait until we get our award letter.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
received this email today

Dear Stern Student,

Congratulations on your admittance to the MBA program at NYU Stern!
If you have submitted the 2010-2011 FAFSA, you will soon receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid confirming your loan eligibility and next steps. Please read the following instructions:

You will first be prompted to log onto NetPartner, where you may view your financial aid information online. You can use NetPartner to accept/reduce your eligible loan amounts and proceed with the next steps.

Per federal regulations, we are obligated to award you a total of $20,500 in Stafford loans for the Spring semester since you have not borrowed in the Fall. Typically, most students borrow only $10,250 in Stafford loan funds per semester.
If you choose to accept the full amount now, you will not receive additional Stafford loans in the Summer '11 semester.
You may reduce your Spring '11 Stafford loans in NetPartner to $10,250 and be eligible for the remaining $10,250 in Summer '11.

You will receive an email early next Spring with steps on how to secure Summer federal loans.

*Please note: You must be registered for at least six credits per semester to be eligible for federal Stafford loans.

Please feel free to contact our office should you have any questions.

Best regards,
Graduate Financial Aid
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received a rejection yet? I am still eagerly awaiting and at this point it isn't looking good. Based on past experience can anyone say definitively if they wait to release all the rejections on December 1st for Spring addmission?

GMAT:710
GPA: 3.0 Top-tier
Work: 5 Years, fianance
Extracurricular: Strong
Volunteer: Strong
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
CaptainWinters - Your profile looks pretty strong to me. Did you, by any chance, submit your apps later than most of us did i.e. after 15/20 Sep? I can only think of late submission as a potential reason for delay in Stern's response to you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied about 5 min before the deadline on the 15th. I received the same "printing and reviewing application" email on the 20th that everyone else did. The only thing I can think of is that they haven't gotten to my application yet. I am hoping once they reveiw it they give you a no or a yes right away. If anyone knows if they wait until the December 1st deadline to give no's please chime in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CaptainWinters, I got the negative reply on the "decision by" date (on both the ocassions). For Spring its December 1.

CaptainWinters PMed be regarding the feedback from adcom in case of a reject. As expected, its a very diplomatic answer and one will not know the reason for his/her reject.

Your profile looks strong and hope you receive an email soon.
All the best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi. Has anyone taken the quant test yet? Is it timed? Are the questions closely aligned with the free review questions posted on NYU's site? Ya, that's right, I am too cheap and/or feeling poor after paying tuition to pay for the official review books...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I took the quant test and passed. It was pretty easy and I had my TI83 calculator handy to do all the log/ln/e calculations.

I suggest go over the materials on the admitted student tour website. You don't need to pay extra to buy the books. Definitely pay attention to Algebra + basis calculus + compounding interest rates stuff.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10