Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 18:33 It is currently 17 May 2024, 18:33
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Schools:Tuck 2013
WE 1: Big 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Business school suggestions [#permalink]
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have researched these universities based on my profile and financial times ranking.....
I would like to know which 3 schools among these I should prefer for the application.

My preference is on placements and employement once I complete my course.

Please suggest me and help me so that I can apply to a school where in I have excellent placement oppurtunities to settle my future.

Regards,
Karishma.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
karishma wrote:
I have researched these universities based on my profile and financial times ranking.....
I would like to know which 3 schools among these I should prefer for the application.

My preference is on placements and employement once I complete my course.

Please suggest me and help me so that I can apply to a school where in I have excellent placement oppurtunities to settle my future.

Regards,
Karishma.

Placement where? What type of employment?
Did you just find schools that you think you have a chance of getting into?
There are lots of different rankings - have you considered them all? Why FT?

You are going to be making a huge investment. I would do some more research with these things in mind.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
hi karishma, I think it'll be wise for you to go check out the "admission consultant" subcategory. In there you'll find plenty of students who have posted their profiles for an evaluation. By studying that even for just an hour you'll gain so much more invaluble opinions and experiences. Then when you want to evaluate your own profile, you can follow the type of information that student gives out, information such as scores, grades, work experience, age, ethnicity, goals, things like that. With these information on hand, others can help gauge your chances are your listed school, as well as even better ranked ones.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@estreet,

I have researched the b schools based on my profile and Interests.
I selected FT because it gives the list of university ranking in terms of salary, employment and where the uni stands.

I am planning for my MBA in General Management and consulting. I have 4 years of work exp as a SAP Techno functional consultant. My GMAT score is 650 and TOEFL 101.

I am looking for b schools which are cost effective in terms of investment and offers excellent ROI, I mean a very good on campus job placement with a good sal package. Its waste to invest in a such a b school where the chances of job placement are less.

I am not looking for very high end b schools because they are very costly and out of my budget.

As you said there are lots of different rankings i need to look into can you please throw some light on it and suggest me some good b schools in the list I sent and also if you have some for me to suggest.

It would be a great help if you can suggest me something.

Regards,
Karishma.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Karishma,

Might want to take a look at the article below, which does a nice job of analyzing the FT rankings and raises some other points to consider (like the school you select might not be on it next year). This site also has articles on the different rankings and their relative strengths and weaknesses.
https://poetsandquants.com/2011/01/31/wi ... by-the-ft/

What are your career goals? You say a good salary and good placement, but in what? This is important to figure out not only to choose the right school (ie can I get there from the school I pick), but also its going to be an important part of a successful application. If the only reason you articulate is that you want more money, I would wager the essays/interview won't go very well. Once you decide where you want to end up (for example consultant for X company), figure out if that company recruits from the schools you are looking at, where and for what positions. Dig a level deeper. If you are international, how do the international students do?

You mention ROI and that you are looking at less expensive programs. Be mindful that the lower investment now can likely mean lower returns in the future. The reason people pay top dollar for top programs is because they realize the returns on that investment. Having a fleshed out idea about where you want to go and what you want your career to eventually look like will make weighing these concerns easier. Despite the fact that the programs you have chosen may not be the most expensive, they are very expensive, in terms of time, effort and actual $$. Check out the guide below as it will provide you with a good jumping off point on how to use the wealth of information available on this site.
p580145-nink-s-guide-on-how-to-navigate-through-gmatclub-for-newbies#p580145
GMAT Club Bot