Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 02:42 It is currently 23 May 2024, 02:42
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink]
JVK: I'm planning to apply for entry in 2012 as well. I would guess more importance is placed on work experience and essays than on GPA. I've heard of other applications getting in with similar GPAs but strong experience. My advice would be to reflect on why you want to take the program and focus on the rest of your application.

I'm a Canadian, and all this talk about the difficulty being admitted as an international makes me a little wary, but I'm planning to apply anyway. The top business schools in Canada (Ivey, Rotman) are finance/consulting focused, but I am more interested in operations, hence LGO. I'm also looking at Kellogg MMM and U of M Tauber. What other programs have you looked into?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello guys)

Any international students heard anything from adcom? Time is running out and I can't see any posts here from internationals having been interviewed. Do you think any activity is going on?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
:

Originally posted by fsaq on 11 Feb 2011, 12:18.
Last edited by fsaq on 16 Feb 2011, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics
Send PM
fsaq wrote:
has anyone, domestic or international, gotten a recent interview invite? It seems so quiet and there are no news whatsoever. what is the usual time for invites to come in? do they come at any time or do they only come first thing in the morning?

Every day that passes I feel sadder and sadder. Good thing that my back up is Harvard round 3 he he.

Round 3 for Harvard...you are brave! From what I hear, it's virtually impossible to get in unless you are noble laureate - well, you get the point ;-)

Still hoping for something from LGO!
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Send PM
so LGO will only let us know on Mar8th and then MIT Sloan takes over?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
painful... I wish they would ding us right away if they dont wish to even consider us for interviewing. Ill cross my fingers but geez I really need to get those HBS essays started. Do you guys know if engineering applicants get rolled over to the phd or master's program of their chosen track?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q1 V1
GRE 1: Q167 V166
GPA: 3.44
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
fsaq wrote:
painful... I wish they would ding us right away if they dont wish to even consider us for interviewing. Ill cross my fingers but geez I really need to get those HBS essays started. Do you guys know if engineering applicants get rolled over to the phd or master's program of their chosen track?

Only some do. For example, if you applied through chem. eng to LGO for example, if you get dinged from LGO it's completely over. Other departments may have different policies.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello guys,

Today talked to one of the current LGO students. I was told that all the interviews were conducted already. Thus, if we don't have any updates so far, it means it will be highly unlikely we will get any. Feels painful for me...
However when I wrote a letter to adcom some time ago, they told me application was under review and "Invitations for interviews may be extended as late as our LGO notification deadline of March 7th.". I tend to believe this is pretty standard reply.

My guess it's pretty much over now...

Good luck)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
partynick,

I think you are right, it is a standard reply. I just cant believe that not one international from this thread got an interview call. Thats why I did not want to believe this was over, but seeing how March 7 is quickly approaching I cant rely to much on that standard reply of "we are conducting interviews until march 7". I will keep hopin for a call but I am pretty much done waiting for this. They should really simply ding you early in the process rather than torture you like this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fsaq wrote:
partynick,

I think you are right, it is a standard reply. I just cant believe that not one international from this thread got an interview call. Thats why I did not want to believe this was over, but seeing how March 7 is quickly approaching I cant rely to much on that standard reply of "we are conducting interviews until march 7". I will keep hopin for a call but I am pretty much done waiting for this. They should really simply ding you early in the process rather than torture you like this.

Hi,

I completely agree with you. At least it is not fair to keep us without any updates for more than 2 months. I truly lost my patience and again wrote an e-mail to Leah, who replied similarly "Many of the interviews are held during LGO Interview Fest, however invitations to interview may be extended up until our notification deadline of March 7th. We are uncertain at this time how many more interviews will be held, however it is possible more invitations will be sent out".
This weak "may" doesn't seem realistic)))))
I think only the most patient can still keep their fingers crossed. Unfortunately my hope has vanished already...

Good luck anyways!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hahah, Im glad to hear that I am not the only one bombarding the LGO inbox with emails. I asked if they had already interviewed at least 3 international students so that I could get some real closure on the matter and LGO never replied. On friday I emailed them again asking about rolling over applications to Phd programs and quickly got a reply by Leah saying that I needed to contact the school of engineering through which I applied for further details. I then replied to that email two minutes later asking the same about international applicants being interviewed and I am sure I wont get an answer.

I will give them a call later today ... I wont wait until March 7 to get closure on this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fsaq wrote:
hahah, Im glad to hear that I am not the only one bombarding the LGO inbox with emails. I asked if they had already interviewed at least 3 international students so that I could get some real closure on the matter and LGO never replied. On friday I emailed them again asking about rolling over applications to Phd programs and quickly got a reply by Leah saying that I needed to contact the school of engineering through which I applied for further details. I then replied to that email two minutes later asking the same about international applicants being interviewed and I am sure I wont get an answer.

I will give them a call later today ... I wont wait until March 7 to get closure on this.

Hello fsaq,

Have you got any info? updates?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
she said the following:

"Thank you for your email. Many of the interviews have been held already, including interviews with international candidates, however invitations may be extended up until our notification date of March 7th. At this time, I cannot say how many more invitations will be extended to either domestic or international applicants. All official decisions will go out by March 7th, 2011. We appreciate your patience."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello people..I am also an international applicant and I have been following this thread for quite some time now. Going by the posts on this thread and the replies coming from LGO office about the interviews for international candidates, I feel its game over for the internationals...I doubt they will interview anymore candidates and the replies are just standard replies (more like auto generated responses)...So lets just chill out and forget about this program...it aint gonna work..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unfortunately, this is very true...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Personally, I know it will be ding on March 7th, but I am very certain that it will hurt a lot. Lot of efforts gone in vain. Good luck to all interviewers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Chances of late late interviews look pretty slim :@( My thoughts are turning towards the chances of getting on the MBA program. Anyone have any ideas if your chances are increased or decreased after applying to LGO first?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14  ...  21