Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 04:00 It is currently 22 May 2024, 04:00
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1542 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
From my own experience, OG, Kaplan CD and Kaplan800 would be a good set. Forget about the other Kaplan spin-off products for now. Besides that, you could buy PR2005+CD if you'd like. Last but not least, practice a lot from this forum :)

Paul, I don't think that Kaplan is good for preparing GMAT because its question is a little different from real questions out of ETS. So, I think OG is only materials for preparing GMAT. After all, OG is produced by ETS.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
From my own experience, OG, Kaplan CD and Kaplan800 would be a good set. Forget about the other Kaplan spin-off products for now. Besides that, you could buy PR2005+CD if you'd like. Last but not least, practice a lot from this forum :)

Paul,

I agree with you that this forum will be the best practise. here are key problems I am still facing.

1. Nailing the timing for Quants. I take longer for DS problems. I think I know the problems and have practise but I still get problems wrong and am not upto the 700 plus mark. What are the steps I should take. Something isn't working for sure.
2. Verbal: Strangely I have only 2/3 errors when i practise OG but on the computer I mess up more and take longer. Written I finish 12 minutes ago..don't know how that can be corrected.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 770 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
chihao wrote:
Paul, I don't think that Kaplan is good for preparing GMAT because its question is a little different from real questions out of ETS. So, I think OG is only materials for preparing GMAT. After all, OG is produced by ETS.

Depending on how much time you have for the preparation. If you have three months, I don't think OG only is a good strategy. In fact I would start from the other materials, and leave OG to the later stage when I'm more uptodate with my skills. This way I would be able to ensure the freshness of the OG questions for it to have the most impact.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
HongHu wrote:
chihao wrote:

Depending on how much time you have for the preparation. If you have three months, I don't think OG only is a good strategy. In fact I would start from the other materials, and leave OG to the later stage when I'm more uptodate with my skills. This way I would be able to ensure the freshness of the OG questions for it to have the most impact.

HongHu,
I am new to the forum.What would you recommend for a person who works full time and has to give the test by 04/28/05.Please advice.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Accounting, Economics
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]
as a begginer which material is best and what will be the cost for that.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22292 [1]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]