Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 16:16 It is currently 18 May 2024, 16:16
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Schools:ISB, IIMA ,SP Jain , XLRI
 Q48  V24 GMAT 2: 610  Q48  V27
WE 1: Aditya Birla Group (sales)
WE 2: Saint Gobain Group (sales)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
 Q31  V33 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V31
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Got Destroyed 610 from 600 [#permalink]
I just received my official score report and one thing that cheers me up is the 6.0 AWA score :)

From an honest perspective, I think that you could improve your verbal skills just by reading publications such as the Economist and highlighting the grammar constructs in the articles. Each feature article could be turned into an RC passage or CR question. Furthermore, based on the posts you have made, I think that your grammar still has room for improvement.

Something funny happened on Friday. One of my colleagues has a Phd in Astronomy from UCL and I asked him if he can recommend some good online resources on Astrophysics. He told me that I should go and have a look at Scientific American or the New Scientist. Another colleague overheard the conversation and assumed that I am studying Astrophysics :x

I have decided that I will take the exam again, possibly in October.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Frozenace wrote:
I just received my official score report and one thing that cheers me up is the 6.0 AWA score :)

From an honest perspective, I think that you could improve your verbal skills just by reading publications such as the Economist and highlighting the grammar constructs in the articles. Each feature article could be turned into an RC passage or CR question. Furthermore, based on the posts you have made, I think that your grammar still has room for improvement.

I have decided that I will take the exam again, possibly in October.

hey man
even i am giving in oct end
yes i am a non native speaker and have studied in hindi language til 12th
so my natural english comprehension is a bit low

will improve my whole verbal for next try
and for quant all my mistakes are from DS only
so i need practice in DS

hope we keep in touch ........ :) :) :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good luck with your endeavors. I'm also a non-native speaker. My family is Chinese, grew up in Germany till I was 12, after which we moved back to China. I learned English and Mandarin Chinese in an international school before coming to the UK to study Computer Science.

I already thought about doing a Masters degree two years ago, but I've been through one redundancy and two more jobs which made it difficult for me to decide what to do.

I had a chat with an Indian friend from international school in January and he is thinking about doing an MBA at London Business School, but seven months on and he still hasn't started studying properly for the GMAT. By the way, I found that you can download loads of podcasts from leading business schools through iTunes (specifically the iTunes U section).

I haven't booked my next appointment yet, which should give me some time to start with applications and increase my English skills.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Frozenace wrote:
Good luck with your endeavors. I'm also a non-native speaker. My family is Chinese, grew up in Germany till I was 12, after which we moved back to China. I learned English and Mandarin Chinese in an international school before coming to the UK to study Computer Science.

I already thought about doing a Masters degree two years ago, but I've been through one redundancy and two more jobs which made it difficult for me to decide what to do.

I had a chat with an Indian friend from international school in January and he is thinking about doing an MBA at London Business School, but seven months on and he still hasn't started studying properly for the GMAT. By the way, I found that you can download loads of podcasts from leading business schools through iTunes (specifically the iTunes U section).

I haven't booked my next appointment yet, which should give me some time to start with applications and increase my English skills.

Good luck to you brother
please stay in touch
ironically this word "LUCK" has become very important for me nowadays .... :( :(
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37452 posts