Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 13:35 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 13:35
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
great score congrats!

i took it on 4/18 and got a good score.
may be the computer went bonkers this whole week :)
anyone who wants to beat gmat, this is the week to take your test !
just joking! congrats and relax.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 453 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
definitly a great score. congrats!
goodluck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 287 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You guys rock!!!

Wonderful performance.

Congrats and all the best with your future endeavours.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nightmare material about the score cancellation, huh? I'll post again when the official score comes. Reminds me about a recurring dream I used to have that I never graduated from college because there was a mistake and I never took the final exam. Years later I had to go back and take the digital signal processing exam.

Well, I wasn't surprised by my Q score, but was surprised by my V score. I've always done pretty well on standardized tests though, and usually always do better on V than Q. I believe my PSAT, SAT, and ACT scores were all around the 90%tile overall and I never studied for *anything* in high school. I took the GRE about 15 years ago without studying and scored in the 85-90%tiles for verbal and math.

Compared with the Kaplan materials I studied from (GMAT 800 and the basic GMAT study guide), the verbal section of the test I took on 4/19 was easier. CR was entirely softball, and SC and RC were mainly obvious.

Although I studied from Kaplan, I didn't follow any of their test taking tips. I actually set up the algebra and solved on the Q test, and I completely and deliberately read the RC passages before answering any questions on the V test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 716 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jdb, Great score! Congrats!

It seems that you are pretty strong at verbal. Could you show a little bit more about your verbal approach as well as your progress during preparation?

All the best to your application
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Big congrats !

Something about the month of april - or something about gmatclub - people are cracking the gmat like anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It must be the gmatclub! I'm sure there will be a lot more 700+ achievers coming up in the next few months.

Congrats!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats and good luck in your next step
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Approach to Verbal [#permalink]
As you know, verbal is made up of 3 sections -- sentence correction (SC), reading comprehension (RC) and critical reasoning (CR).

I didn't spend much time preparing for the verbal section. I spent most of my time studying the math section since I knew I'd be pressed for time there. My approach for both sections was to solve the questions the "long" way and not use any clever guessing methods.

I spent several hours going through CR questions in Kaplan GMAT 800 and the standard Kaplan guide. My advice is to become familiar with the logical fallacies and errors and poor reasoning you're likely to see on the GMAT.

I worked maybe 30 practice SC questions to get the hang of what I was likely to run across. I don't have much advice on learning this stuff if you don't already know it.

I did just a couple of RC practice questions. Again, I'm fortunate that my reading skills are pretty good so I didn't have to spend much time working on the RC.

If your GMAT is still several months off, you can probably improve your verbal score by starting to read more. I'm not talking about reading stuff you like reading, but stretch yourself and read material that's difficult enough that you have to read it two or three times to understand. After a while, you'll find you only have to read it once to understand it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Offical score update [#permalink]
Took the GMAT on 4/19. On 4/30 I received my official scores.

Nothing new here but the AWA scores.

Total: 760
Verbal: 46
Quant: 49
AWA: 5
GMAT Club Bot
Offical score update [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37578 posts