- Round 1: October 22, 2007 Decisions released by January 24, 2008
- Round 2: January 7, 2008 Decisions released by April 3, 2008
- Round 3: March 21, 2008 Decisions released by May 15 2008
Stanford GSB Essays 2007-2008:
- Essay A: What matters most to you, and why? (recommended 3 page limit)
- Essay B: What are your career aspirations? How will your education at Stanford help you achieve them? (recommended 2 page limit)
As a Stanford MBA student, you will be assigned a team of advisors who will guide both your academic experience and your personal development. Your team will include a faculty advisor, a career counselor, and a leadership coach. Use Essay B to help you prepare for your first conversations with these mentors.
- Essay C: Answer 2 of the questions listed below. (recommended 1 page limit each)
- Option 1: Tell us about a time when you empowered others.
- Option 2: Tell us about a time when you had a significant impact on a person, group or organization.
- Option 3: Tell us about a time when you tried to reach a goal or complete a task that was challenging, difficult, or frustrating.
- Option 4: Tell us about a time when you went beyond what was defined, established, or expected.
In answering both questions in Essay C, tell us not only what you did, but also how you did it. Tell us the outcome and describe how people responded. Describe only experiences that have occurred during the last three years.
All essays must be double spaced, and in a 12pt font. For more detailed information on length and format, visit Stanford’s essay page.
Overview (by Hjort)
As virtually everyone knows, Stanford is located in the San Francisco Bay Area. The San Jose - San Francisco - Oakland Economic Area is the third largest in the United States in terms of personal income.
- FT 2005 ranks Stanford #4 in the world and in the US. This places it just below Columbia and just above LBS and Chicago GSB.
- EIU 2004 ranks Stanford #2 in the world and in the US.
- Stanford's best showing on BW has been #4 (three times) and its worst showing has been #11.
CEOS: Duke Energy, Pfizer, Abbott Laboratories, Kimberly-Clark, Sun Microsystems, Nike, Andrew (MS Sloan). Capital One, Constellation Energy, PACCAR. Agilent (MS Elec Eng), Avery Dennison, Manor Care, Stanley Works, Brown-Forman, Huntington Banc, Wells Fargo, Intel (MS, Phd), Applied Micro (MS Engineering).