Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 634 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Re: 1 Week away and freaking out [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi amunster13, it's not surprising that you do better when relaxed, half the difficulty of this exam is the stress of the timer ticking away. Remember that you don't have 2 minutes to solve each question, just 75 minutes to solve 37 questions. This means some will take you a minute and some will take three minutes. If you can stay composed on test day, you should hit the threshold you want. You're almost there, just sleep well the night before, do a little review, and try not to bring the crib sheet with you on test day!

Hope this helps!
-Ron
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Wow! You are doing so well! All the best for the exam and please do let me know how it goes. Just go there and conquer!!! 8-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 749 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: ISB '15
WE:Account Management (Other)
Send PM
Hey, do let us know how it went once you are done with the test
ATB

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So today was test day. Boy am I fried!

Unfortunately, I got a 650 (Q44 & V35)--which was slightly shocking because I don't EVER do that poorly on the Verbal section and I always have 15 minutes left over, but today during test day, I barely had any time left and felt rushed to complete the last 10 questions (which had a RC section "doh!").

I think my Quant score is about what I've been getting on the practice tests, but I thought it'd be better when I was focused during test day...unfortunately, it felt like the Quant section had A LOT more DS questions than usual :( And I tend to do more poorly on DS questions--and I know there were at least 2 questions that I selected the wrong answer, only to realize that I did so a second after clicking 'Next' (worst feeling ever).

I think for Verbal, I psyched myself out by re-reading the answers so many times for CR. I kept trying to compare 2 of the answers for SC & CR...and did not breeze through it as I normally do...

Any suggestions for next steps? I want to re-take the test again in maybe 3-6 months. Should I sign up for a prep course?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 749 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: ISB '15
WE:Account Management (Other)
Send PM
amunster13 wrote:
So today was test day. Boy am I fried!

Unfortunately, I got a 650 (Q44 & V35)--which was slightly shocking because I don't EVER do that poorly on the Verbal section and I always have 15 minutes left over, but today during test day, I barely had any time left and felt rushed to complete the last 10 questions (which had a RC section "doh!").

I think my Quant score is about what I've been getting on the practice tests, but I thought it'd be better when I was focused during test day...unfortunately, it felt like the Quant section had A LOT more DS questions than usual :( And I tend to do more poorly on DS questions--and I know there were at least 2 questions that I selected the wrong answer, only to realize that I did so a second after clicking 'Next' (worst feeling ever).

I think for Verbal, I psyched myself out by re-reading the answers so many times for CR. I kept trying to compare 2 of the answers for SC & CR...and did not breeze through it as I normally do...

Any suggestions for next steps? I want to re-take the test again in maybe 3-6 months. Should I sign up for a prep course?

I got the same Split and score !! But I don't have time of 3-6 months..I need to get 720+ in two months :(
GMAT Club Bot