Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did purchase the supplementary quantative questions book and it was a waste of money. It does have some additional questions, but most of them are from the 10th edition. Same thing applies for the verbal supplementary questions book. So save urself some moolah if you want to and stick to the 10th edition.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got it Nick! Thanx for saving me the cash.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nickdawg wrote:
I did purchase the supplementary quantative questions book and it was a waste of money. It does have some additional questions, but most of them are from the 10th edition. Same thing applies for the verbal supplementary questions book. So save urself some moolah if you want to and stick to the 10th edition.

Were there reviews, like grammar reviews or CR and RC, in the quant and verbal questions book?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
roysim - not sure I understand your question but I think I know what you're asking. While there is overlap, the answer justifications (and format) are clearer and better describe WHY the other answers are incorrect (similar to the way members post on these forums).

The format goes something like (for CR):

<b>Situation:</b> Since the wholesale price of raw cotton has fallen significantly, the retail price of cotton clothing in stores will inevitably fall.

<b>Reasoning:</b> <i>What point weakens this argument?</i> Consider carefully the difference between the two products for which costs are being compared: cotton and cloth. This argument assumes that lower wholesale prices for a raw product must necessarily result in lower retail prices for a processed product...

<b>A - Correct.</b> This statement properly identifies a weakness in the argument.
B - The statement is out of scope.
C - The author's conclusion is not based on this assumption.
D - This actually strengthens the author's argument.
E - The argument has already taken this statement into account and it is not weakened by this statement.

As you can tell, the format is 10x better than the format in the 10th edition. I've been quite pleased with the purchase and have been able to understand the reasoning behind CR and RC questions a lot better. Besides, sometimes it's just nice to start with a new book!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]