Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2074 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: 1st Attempt Score 390, Completely Depressed, Please help [#permalink]
Well what was your Q/V breakdown? Go through your study process. What sections hurt you the most? What were your practice scores?

It is possible to do, check some of the success story threads, however it won't be easy. The good news is you have a lot of room for improvement and for you to improve to a 550-600 probably will take you 1-2 months if you follow a good study plan, are committed and understand math. You probably need to learn a lot of the basics. The climb from 600 to 700, well that is probably the harder climb to make in my opinion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tarmac: Thank you for your encouragement, I will work on timed CAT scoring. Yes I was scoring around 500 and was hoping for a 550, now that I have failed, I am more determined to get a 700+ on a second attempt. I will take an online course or something and work at it. I have six months before my next attempt

Nihit/Terp26: Thank you for making me feel good. I will bounce back, work more and get an online course, I think I need it. I need some discipline. I will get back to you guys with the details of my scores, I didn't bother to look at them, they sucked.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Hey buddy - sh*t happens - dont let this test get you down. You will find several examples of people improving their performance in a second (or even a third) attempt. For instance positive_soul, who is now at wharton, improved his score from 420 to 700 : viewtopic.php?t=35919.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you bsd_lover, I read the article by positive_soul, really amazing, I am all positive now, time to work and make a big comeback. This has sobered me as a person
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Sooo sorry to hear!!
I am terribly scared of this exam....I am taking it in 3 days and it will be my first time!!
I have a feeling I won't do too good either... :cry: :oops: :cry:

Don't worry, you are not alone!! People here are really helpful... and the stories are amazing... (the success stories...great inspiration)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
dont worry man, its a gradual process, i remember I took the GMAT without doing much research other than buying the princeton review book and studying it for 2 weeks, I scored a 390 thinking the exam cant be that difficult, needless to say it was a very different test than any other exam...through serious studying i rased my score to 550, no I am aiming at 650+ in my next retake...just want to show that a 390 isnt the end of the world :)

keep the faith!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [0]
Send PM
Hello Buddy!!

Well If you feel bad about let me tell you something...

One year ago I just downloaded the GMAT Prep test and I thought well let-s see how good I am, and guess what I got a terrible 250, yes this is true 250. So I thought well I am not even close after that I thought well some factors ma affect my performance on the test and I didn-t study at all during that month but I decided to do the same test again and I got a 350 still very low... So I thought seriously of preparing the GMAT and finally I decided to do it and I started a Marathon

This test is crappy and you have to work hard. After being one year studying the last score the I got was a 520 from Kaplan not bad if you consider that you come from a 350!!! I would say that at that time when I got that 250 I coudln-t even know how to multiply but the thing is that I was soooo rusty. Now I feel bette rbut still a loooooong way to get the final goal

So don-t get dissapointef you can really do it and you are not alone keep trying
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts