Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 16:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2 question about my gmat's exams for italian student

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

2 question about my gmat's exams for italian student [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 01:06
hello,
I have two questions to ask.

1) The quantitative part, I do not know anything about math. So starting from zero, I can study it in a couple of months? Or require past knowledge?

2) I have to prepare for the gmat to access an Italian university that asks only the verbal and quantitative. But I want to use the same test, after 2 years of college Italian to enter a master's degree at london business school or INSEAD. But, for the master in these two universities will be a problem if I did only the verbal and quantitative?

thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8208 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 2 question about my gmat's exams for italian student [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 10:53
Expert's post
martino89 wrote:
hello,

1) The quantitative part, I do not know anything about math. So starting from zero, I can study it in a couple of months? Or require past knowledge?

Yes, you can; just grab a copy of the MGMAT Math foundation.

Quote:
2) I have to prepare for the gmat to access an Italian university that asks only the verbal and quantitative. But I want to use the same test, after 2 years of college Italian to enter a master's degree at london business school or INSEAD. But, for the master in these two universities will be a problem if I did only the verbal and quantitative?

thanks

You mean skipping IR and AWA? If that's what you mean, then YES. They will have an issue with you skipping those.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 29

Re: 2 question about my gmat's exams for italian student [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 11:00
After studying for the quantitative section of the GMAT, you should only need a few days to studying for IR to do well. You only need a day to study for AWA. Just read ChineseBurned's guide.

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 2 question about my gmat's exams for italian student [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 13:06
commdiver wrote:
After studying for the quantitative section of the GMAT, you should only need a few days to studying for IR to do well. You only need a day to study for AWA. Just read.

bb wrote:
martino89 wrote:
hello,

Yes, you can; just grab a copy of the MGMAT Math foundation.

Quote:

thanks

You mean skipping IR and AWA? If that's what you mean, then YES. They will have an issue with you skipping those.

thanks for the replies. then advise me to do all parts of the gmat? that is, as I want to do only once in order to use it later for LBS is conviente also do IR and AWA at this time, or should I do next? If I were only verbal and quantitative, would not be valid for the LBS?

But what about in the synthesis of IR and AWA? is difficult to prepare? thanks
Re: 2 question about my gmat's exams for italian student   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2013, 13:06