Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 21:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2 year analyst program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
2 year analyst program [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 13:19
Analysts at buldge brackets and boutique firms generally have a two year stint. I was wondering when these analysts actually submit their applications to MBA programs? Is it during the 2nd year as an analyst or after the program ends?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: 2 year analyst program [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 13:31
I haven't really met many analysts who applied directly out of IB in their 2nd year. People typically either do 2 years and go into PE for 1-2 years before applying, or stick around a 3rd year and apply then. Reason being if you apply during your 2nd year you've only got like a year of work experience and you're somewhat disadvantaged. If you apply after you finish, you probably should be doing something during that time and not just be unemployed..
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 2 year analyst program [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2011, 07:05
aelsc wrote:
I haven't really met many analysts who applied directly out of IB in their 2nd year. People typically either do 2 years and go into PE for 1-2 years before applying, or stick around a 3rd year and apply then. Reason being if you apply during your 2nd year you've only got like a year of work experience and you're somewhat disadvantaged. If you apply after you finish, you probably should be doing something during that time and not just be unemployed..

exactly the answer i was looking for. thanks.
Re: 2 year analyst program   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2011, 07:05