Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: 30 Days GMAT study plan but only using MGMAT books, OG and GMAT prep s [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi kunal21,

Before I can offer any advice on your situation, I'd like to know a bit more about how you've been studying so far:

1) How long have you been studying?
2) What resources have you been using?
3) Is this your first practice CAT? If not, then what were your scores on your other CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [1]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Re: 30 Days GMAT study plan but only using MGMAT books, OG and GMAT prep s [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
30 days is not a great amount of time in which to work through every topic in each one of our 8 strategy guides! That would require you to master the contents of a book every 3-4 days! You can read them that fast, but that doesn't leave you much time for practice.

Having said that, here's what I recommend:

*Start the Sentence Correction guide right away. This book covers a lot of topics, and you don't want to cram it all in at once. Continue to work steadily through the book throughout the next month, stopping to practice in the Official Guide as directed. (In your MGMAT Student Center, you can access an OG Problem Sets doc with particular sets of OG problems to do at the midpoint and the end of the book. You can also find lists of all the OG questions for each topic.)

*The RC book is easier to read in a short burst, so work that in whenever you can, preferably at least a few weeks before the exam.

*The CR book also needs to be stretched out, but not as much as SC. Start soon and work through it a few chapters at a time.

*For the quant books, start wherever the need is greatest and then move along. It's better to cover topics well (and even come back and repeat) than to go over everything superficially, so you may need to let some things go to make progress where it's most important. You can run an assessment report of your MGMAT exams and look for which areas are the lowest. Pay the most attention to the more common areas, such as Fractions/%s, Exponents, and Stats. Don't worry as much about, say, Probability or Functions. If you're not sure, I'd suggest Fractions/Decimals/%s and Algebra first, Word Problems next, then Number Properties and Geometry. Don't do the Extra chapter unless you have already worked through all the books.

*Again, for Quant, use the OG Problem Sets doc to find drills for each book & topic.

I hope this helps. If there's anything more I can do to help you fine-tune to your needs, let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC ,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have been studying since 2 weeks now. Using the materials provided by Princeton review for studying. Have given only two mock tests.

for the first one the score were as follows-:

V- 28 Q - 41 Total - 570
for the 2nd one the following were the scores-:

V- 33 Q- 38 Total- 590

If you can just tell me a way to score around 39-42 in verbal I will be really grateful.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kunal21,

Since you've been studying for just 2 weeks, you should not expect too much of an increase in score just yet. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) on their studies to hit their 'peak' scores, so it's likely that you just have not put in enough study time yet. In that same way, I can't just "tell you" how to score V39+. To score at that level, you have to TRAIN - learn specific tactics, learn the typical patterns that GMAT writers use, practice, make mistakes (and fix them), review, take CATs at regular intervals, etc.

You should continue to study with your current resources for the next couple of weeks. If you don't see any improvements, then some adjustments will probably be necessary.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot