Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 214 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks. u2lover, you've been around to give everyone support. :-D
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
tennis_ball wrote:
but u have a good score, so why worry about Q. :)

Your 51Q shows two things:

1)quant is a better predictor for bschool success
2)51Q shows an expertise in a subject

What keeps Federer motivated? Nothing really, it's just that it's too easy for him. He is just that talented, and the competition plain stinks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GO GET TRASHED!!! GREAT SCORE NONE THE LESS!!
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations. I didn't know about your verbal skills but I knew that your quant was truly first rate!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks Kevin for the compliment. :-D
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Inverse GMAT Experience [#permalink]
Hi, all. So fun to see another person hit 700+ and be able to call it quits. Definitely inspring.

But I was wondering, does anyone have any thoughts on discrepancies between verbal and quant? Would a 710 with more equal V/Q scores be better than my or Tennis-Ball's scores? I had sort of the opposite experience to T-B's: ran out of time in quant, scored a 41 (64%). Scored a 46 (99%) in verbal, with 20 minutes to spare. I also got a 710 total.

But I have to say that my celebration was short-lived, as I began to fret about my relatively low Q score.

Any thoughts?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
It may mean differently for different degrees.

Update:

AWA is 5.0, same as SimaQ's. It is within my expectation, and I'm satisfied with it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: 700-club ticket: 710(Q51,V34), AWA 5.0 [#permalink]
[quote="tennis_ball"]I just took my GMAT here 9am this morning. The score is 710(94%), Q51(99%), V34(71%).

2. For Math, familiarize yourself with all the fundamentals first, then practice. Nothing more to explain on this.

Hi Tennis... if you still visit this forum... I have a query for you. You advised in your debrief that "For Math, familiarize yourself with all the fundamentals first, then practice".

Which book/resource would you recommend to brush up the math fundamentals. As for my background, I haven't studied math beyond high school ... but I do not get intimidated by numbers either.

I would appreciate advice from anyone.

Thanks in advance.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
The covered math is at high school level, although I didn't study standard deviation when I was in high school. But I was familiar with SD concept when I studied my CFA some time ago. So no worries about basic math here.

Basic concepts are covered in the offical OG, but they are abstract and may be hard to understand. Any other prep books will include all the math concepts, but I found "Kaplan 2007 Premier" covers it extensively and explained it very well with examples. The list of all formulas at the appendix of the Premiere is the best reference you can find. From there I completely cracked through the probability questions. After reading it carefully, probability is just about understanding what the question is asking to me.

Princeton Review's math coverage is a little simple to me. They are good reviews, but not very good if you wanna crack difficult questions.

So I hope this helps. Also why get familiar with concepts first before digging into the questions? They are the foundations the questions are built on. If you are strong at it, you can handle any math questions thrown at you. Once u are good at the basics, use many questions to practice.

Update: got an interview from the school. and waiting for the result. yes, luckily I didn't re-take the test. So if it's enough for ur range of schools, no matter Harvard or Wharton, spend ur effort elsewhere. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great tennis ball. We are really proud of you.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3 
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts