Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
Congrats! :banana

Persistence definitely pays off...good luck with apps! :beer
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Amy, I'm so happy for you!!!! :) :) ...your efforts paid off ..your story and those of many others here inspire me a lot!! We can always "push the limit" :) .... All the best lucks to your application and many things in life. Please be back here in this dear forum whenever you have time so that we always have inspiration,okie?!! :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3463 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Amy.

:woohoo

your score will inspire all of us here.

good luck on your future.
-nakib
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
BTW, were quant and verbal similar to that of GMATPrep?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations, Amy_v.

How do you compare the difficulty level of the two GMAT tests you've taken? Someone said that the difficulty level varies much from test to test. I'm wondering if that's true. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
The other question is: during your second time preparation, have you done any math preparation at all? Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
TeHCM wrote:
BTW, were quant and verbal similar to that of GMATPrep?

Thanks everybody...I will hang around for a while...

Okay here are the score details:-

First GMAt

Verbal 30 59%
Quant 47 47%

Second GMAT
Verbal 39 89%
Quant 49 90%

GMAT Prep

Verbal 90%
Quant 88%

I reset my other GMAT accidentally. I don't remembr the scores. But I am sure it was pretty muh similar.....

I still don't hink I did muh during my second preparation. I was too tired and frustrated after my first attempt..As I told, I just attempted around 700 questions in that 1000 SC. did nothing for RC or CR....But I guess I cleared numerous concepts in SC. Each question that I got wrong, I used to come to GMAT CLub and search for that questions and read thru the discussions. THis was the only thing I did. As for mym ath preparatiion, I used to attempt the questions on the Math Forum and that was pretty much it.... The last weekend Iwent thru all the formulaes etc....

I feel GMAT score owes a lot to the mental state and the kind of attitude that you have during your exam...SO if therei snayone out there who feels frustrated after their first attempt I urge you to try once more.....

Well , the difficulty level...

I am not sure if this makes sense.... But, My quant was fairly easier than the first time...At a certain point I even felt If I was doing really bad becuse all those questions appeared easy.... Just get your fundamentals right.... You donot ahve to do enormously complicated questions...that is not GMAT style...the questions in Kaplan are not relally representative of the test... If you do OG , you should be fine.....

But Verbal,...the RC's were tough...but I must admit...unlike those essays in Kaplan Cats, the vocabulary used in GMAt was fairly simple. The essay was not easily decipherable but the vocabulary was not composed of those hard to crack words. If you can, Please read thru hte essya with a lot of concetration and try to understnad the menaing of the passage...I ma not in favour of all thsoe skimming techniques...If you understnad the passage.. the rest of the questions will be easier to naswer...

The SC's were tough...But then most of the concepts were covered in the 1000sc that we have on the club....

As for Math, just take a good look at all those explanations in the math forum.....That is all it takes to ace the quant... This is what I feel...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
tinyseal wrote:
The other question is: during your second time preparation, have you done any math preparation at all? Thank you.

Nope...But i did visit the Math Forum, say once a week and used to go over the questions posted that week...By then all the questions would be answered and detailed explanations would be there.. So I used to answer tham nad compare with them with those in the discussions....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for sharing all your experience with us, Amy.

Best wishes for your applications!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37314 posts