Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Re: 770 Q49 V47 [#permalink]
BlueRobin wrote:
Congrajulations on your score.

Can you please elaborate on how the level of questions is in the Gmat test compared to OG Verbal CR, SC.

Please explain it from a normal person point of view, i mean of course you scored 770 and might say yeah they are a breeze, all the problems match OG.

The question difficulty felt about the same as in the GMAT Prep software, which shouldn't be a huge surprise. As for the OG, I think the questions I saw on the test were roughly comparable to the last fifty or so questions in each section of the OG.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Congrats!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
I have one query. We always talk about generic difficulty level for the quant questions.
Do all questions are difficult and time consuming? Whenever I have given practice test, I have seen atleast 5-10 easy questions.I was able to solve them in less than 45 secs. Have you got such questions on exam as well where you spent less than a minute ?

Because there are always some questions which take 2-3 minutes and in every test I was able to complete it easily with timing less than 1 for some questions and greater than 2 for others, but averaging about 2min/question.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V47
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
I have one query. We always talk about generic difficulty level for the quant questions.
Do all questions are difficult and time consuming? Whenever I have given practice test, I have seen atleast 5-10 easy questions.I was able to solve them in less than 45 secs. Have you got such questions on exam as well where you spent less than a minute ?

Because there are always some questions which take 2-3 minutes and in every test I was able to complete it easily with timing less than 1 for some questions and greater than 2 for others, but averaging about 2min/question.

Yes, even at the more difficult levels I solved some of the questions in less than two minutes (not sure about less than 1 minute but there were probably a few like that). Question difficulty is subjective, so even if the GMAT gives you a "hard" question, that question type may play to your strengths and seem easy to you. At the same time, as you work through the test your chances of getting a question that can be solved in less than 1-2 minutes declines significantly, so don't necessarily count on getting these.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Thanks.
Do the time consuming questions involve extensive calculations or lengthy iterations? Or its time consuming just because of the concept and difficult phrases of word translations?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V47
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Thanks.
Do the time consuming questions involve extensive calculations or lengthy iterations? Or its time consuming just because of the concept and difficult phrases of word translations?

This really depends on the person, but I tend to take longer on problems requiring extensive calculations, and problems involving times and rates. So for me, the most time consuming problems aren't necessarily the most difficult conceptually. One thing I noticed is that I got more hung up on problem phrasing in the Kaplan practice tests than in GMAT Prep or the test itself. This makes sense, because the GMAC must test its problems much more extensively than Kaplan does. Not to say that the Kaplan tests are filled with errors, but often the questions seemed to be designed with less care.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
madgmatter, congratulations on your score and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Could you please take your time and answer the following questions:

1) Could you describe in greater detail your preparation:
- how many hours a day did you study?
- how many CATs did you take and why were they useful to you?
- how did you revise material?
- anything that you find important to mention
2) Do you have a full time job and if so, how did you combine studying with work?
3) It seems that your overall level was very high even before preparation. How did you achieve that?
4) You studied for almost four months. At any point during the preparation did you feel like burning out? If so, how did you deal with that?
5) How intensive was your preparation? I understand that you prepared very intensively in the last two weeks.

Thank you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
madgmatter, thanks for your answers.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder