Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
A question on schools and scores [#permalink]
04 Jul 2012, 15:48
Hi everyone, first post here.
Took the GMAT right before the change and got 710 on it, 6 on the AWA.
I'm interested in going to b-school in Europe, I have actually visited HEC, ESSEC and ESCP in Paris.
However, I had some questions:
1) I am graduating with a degree in June 2013, I do have management work experience but not several years' worth. MiM or MBA? Is the MBA worth the extra cost? For example, grande ecole at HEC is roughly 13k euros. MBA is 45k.
2) I am not sure where I want to live and work, although I'm interested in Europe. I have heard that although HEC is a top school it isn't as global as some of the other b-schools. Is this true? If so, is it offset by the fact that I can get a double degree from HEC and MIT, or LSE, etc. ? I don't want to limit where I can work to only France or only one country.
3) I currently attend UCLA, I have been thinking of schools in Europe because I have British citizenship and it's cheaper. I don't have that much money but, is it worth considering b-schools in the US even though the cost is exorbitant?
4) Other than these Parisian schools, what other b-schools do you recommend? I am fluent in Spanish and English, and conversational in French. However, I'd be up to learn another language if necessary?
5) Lastly, how competitive is my GMAT score? I messed up during my first year in college and therefore have a 3.3 GPA. However, I can get it up to at least 3.5 before I graduate but not before I apply. I could retake the GMAT if necessary but I'd have to study for the new section. I did really well on the verbal section (42), on the AWA (6.0), but I could really improve on the quant (44). Is it worth going through it all to get my quant up?
Sorry for the block of text. I'd greatly appreciate your help!!
Re: A question on schools and scores [#permalink]
05 Jul 2012, 02:21
You should cross-post this in the International Schools forum here.
You'll get many more responses to your multiple questions there. I'm leaving this thread open and not moving this to the International schools section since point no. 3 pertains to US schools.. _________________