Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Admission Chances [#permalink]
Standards have increased considerably apparently... but anyway you have a great balanced score which is what really matters (what percentile is 740 today?). For a non-native speaker, 47V is outstanding. Congrats. Furthermore, you are not applying to financial engineering programs so admission committees don't pay much attention to separate scores. 740 will put you on the top of the list. I guess you will have plenty interviews. Don't worry too much about it. Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alagaleth wrote:
Standards have increased considerably apparently... but anyway you have a great balanced score which is what really matters (what percentile is 740 today?). For a non-native speaker, 47V is outstanding. Congrats. Furthermore, you are not applying to financial engineering programs so admission committees don't pay much attention to separate scores. 740 will put you on the top of the list. I guess you will have plenty interviews. Don't worry too much about it. Good luck

Thank you! 740 is the 97th percentile.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Here you go :) go apply !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Last year a friend of mine was accepted to Mannheim MIM with 650 GMAT score. Same goes with ESADE, another friend of mine is planning to apply with her 620 GMAT score, besides she is almost sure that she will make it.
It's not really about the details that you worry. What matters is the complete profile they can figure about you. If you were able to manage most of your quantitative lectures with a good overall (which is very obvious), that means you just didn't have your best shot during GMAT itself. Though your score is almost perfect. ;)

Instead of worrying, best thing you can do right now would be to start organising yourself for all the applications and possibly improve your motivation letters, double check reference letters ect. No doubt you will be admitted to most of the schools you apply. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am definitely getting into Mannheim. They basically only look at the overall GMAT score, the GPA and whether you have spent a semester abroad.

I am not sure about the other schools though. Unfortunately, I didn't really prepare for the AWA and I only scored a 4.0. I hope that this won't hurt my application. Fortunately, I did really well on the TOEFL essay part.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts