Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:McCombs R1 ($$), HBS R1, Stanford R1, Anderson R2, Haas R2
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Texas (McCombs) Class of 2013 Thread! [#permalink]
@inspired... congratulations! i am still waiting for a scholarship from McCombs, though I did accept the offer and will pay the deposit by the deadline (March 15). Is only Mastercard accepted? ( I had a hard time getting hold of a Mastercard when I was paying the application fee).

Thanks and congratulations!
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
LSEguy wrote:
@inspired... congratulations! i am still waiting for a scholarship from McCombs, though I did accept the offer and will pay the deposit by the deadline (March 15). Is only Mastercard accepted? ( I had a hard time getting hold of a Mastercard when I was paying the application fee).

Thanks and congratulations!

Thanks. :)

You can do a digital check type option where you put in your bank routing #, account #, and check # (then you void the corresponding paper check in your checkbook).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Duke!! (CBS-in, Texas-in, Yale-WL, Haas-R)
Send PM
Hey everyone! Anyone going to preview weekend April 1st? Got in yesterday! Waiting on other places but love UT!
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
mbagirl7568 wrote:
Hey everyone! Anyone going to preview weekend April 1st? Got in yesterday! Waiting on other places but love UT!

I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting you and any other GMAT Clubbers who will be there. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Paid enrollment deposit today (deadline was March 15). No scholarship news yet. I guess I will have to start looking out for loans and other options to fund this expensive MBA program! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Accounting/Corp. Finance
Schools:ADMIT: Owen R1, Olin R1, McCombs R2, REJECT: Stern R1, CBS R1, Darden R1, Anderson R1, PENDING: Marshall R2, Tepper R3
 Q45  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: ~3 years at a large corporate law firm in NYC
Send PM
mbagirl7568 wrote:

Hi all! I was admitted to McCombs yesterday and I couldn't be more excited. I am waiting to hear from UNC Kenan-Flagler and USC Marshall but there's about a 99% chance I will end up at McCombs.

I'll be attending Preview Weekend April 1-2 but I do not yet have access to the Class of 2013 website. Could someone copy/paste or link to the schedule so others can take a look at it, if that's possible?

Thanks!
Alex A.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alexbond3 wrote:
mbagirl7568 wrote:

Hi all! I was admitted to McCombs yesterday and I couldn't be more excited. I am waiting to hear from UNC Kenan-Flagler and USC Marshall but there's about a 99% chance I will end up at McCombs.

I'll be attending Preview Weekend April 1-2 but I do not yet have access to the Class of 2013 website. Could someone copy/paste or link to the schedule so others can take a look at it, if that's possible?

Thanks!
Alex A.

Congratulations! I too have an admit and have paid my enrollment deposit. Do you have any first hand information regarding placements at McCombs? Considering I will be taking on a huge loan to fund my education at Texas, I wanted to gather as much as possible about recruitment at Texas.

Thanks and congratulations again.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting/Corp. Finance
Schools:ADMIT: Owen R1, Olin R1, McCombs R2, REJECT: Stern R1, CBS R1, Darden R1, Anderson R1, PENDING: Marshall R2, Tepper R3
 Q45  V42
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: ~3 years at a large corporate law firm in NYC
Send PM
LSEguy wrote:

Congratulations! I too have an admit and have paid my enrollment deposit. Do you have any first hand information regarding placements at McCombs? Considering I will be taking on a huge loan to fund my education at Texas, I wanted to gather as much as possible about recruitment at Texas.

Thanks! Congratulations to you as well.

I don't have much first-hand information, but the statistics seem very convincing to me: 99% of students get internships after their first year, 93% (as of 2009, which was obviously a tough year for finding jobs) of students received a job offer within three months of graduation, and 90% of students accepted an offer within three months. The '08 McCombs alum with whom I interviewed told me that recruiting and career services at McCombs are very strong. Also, several of my friends in finance (two in investment banking and one in private equity) tell me that they personally know coworkers that went to McCombs, and that it has a solid reputation among financial firms in New York City.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alexbond3 wrote:
LSEguy wrote:

Thanks! Congratulations to you as well.

I don't have much first-hand information, but the statistics seem very convincing to me: 99% of students get internships after their first year, 93% (as of 2009, which was obviously a tough year for finding jobs) of students received a job offer within three months of graduation, and 90% of students accepted an offer within three months. The '08 McCombs alum with whom I interviewed told me that recruiting and career services at McCombs are very strong. Also, several of my friends in finance (two in investment banking and one in private equity) tell me that they personally know coworkers that went to McCombs, and that it has a solid reputation among financial firms in New York City.

Thanks for the reply. Statistics do seem encouraging. Since I am an international student, I will also need to look at the H1B visa sponsorship procedure (along with the names of firms that do recruit international students).

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Look at it this way: maybe Mccombs takes all those resources that other schools spend running a competent admissions department and puts them into career services?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Ok peeps, I need some advice. I'm trying to decide if I should attend preview weekend - and have been thinking about it for a while now. I've been to Austin 4 times in conjunction with the application process (Texas MBA Friday, class visit, interview, etc.) so I feel like I'm pretty familiar with everything.

Is preview weekend more for people that are trying to decide if they should attend, or more of a way to get to know future classmates? I'm sure the answer is both. Any current students know if a significant majority of the class will be attending? I just don't want to be missing out on anything if I don't go.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@kazooist: I certainly hope so! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i will be making the trip up to austin from Mexico, hoping to get to know UT, my classmates, get a better feel for where I want to live, and who knows maybe even find a roomate.......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:R2 Consortium (Stern(WL), Ross (admit w/$$), Darden (int-ding), McCombs(admit)),Fuqua (admit)
Send PM
Hi, just signed up for admit weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Does anyone know if there are still spaces available on the boat cruise? Also, is there any kind of spreadsheet showing who's going to admit weekend/flight info? I'd like to find someone to share a room/car with. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I will be attending preview weekend as well. Looks like the rooms at the two hotels are all gone, and I'm not having any luck on Priceline. Does anyone who managed to snag a room want to share and split the costs? If so, I guess respond here or send a private message.

28/male/boston/government. applied in november, admitted in january. Should be a fun weekend in Austin!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
is anyone's significant other going to any of the events?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ProfessionalKazooist wrote:
is anyone's significant other going to any of the events?

I'm bringing my S.O. to preview weekend and potentially one of the local MAPs trips.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5