Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2723 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 422 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64940 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2723 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: advice please [#permalink]
first of all thank you very much for all of your responses. Now I have that confidence that I can ace the gmat.

Hai karishma,

The difference between mgmat and gmat prep question is wording of questions, particularly percentage problems. At the beginning of the test I got difficult questions but i solved them in with in 2.5 minutes. I started screwed up my test from 30th question, and i got so nervous when i am getting very easy questions. My percentile for 29 questions is 74 percentile after that my percentile never come back. one more point is I took the gmat prep test 2nd time(repeated),and 2 questions are repeated. are the 2 questions inflated my score?.

Thanks
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64940 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
TomB wrote:
first of all thank you very much for all of your responses. Now I have that confidence that I can ace the gmat.

Hai karishma,

The difference between mgmat and gmat prep question is wording of questions, particularly percentage problems. At the beginning of the test I got difficult questions but i solved them in with in 2.5 minutes. I started screwed up my test from 30th question, and i got so nervous when i am getting very easy questions. My percentile for 29 questions is 74 percentile after that my percentile never come back. one more point is I took the gmat prep test 2nd time(repeated),and 2 questions are repeated. are the 2 questions inflated my score?.

Thanks

First of all, don't second guess the algorithm. There are various reasons why it may give you easy questions in between or why you may feel that the questions are easy. The software tends to balance out the exam so it is possible that you get easy questions after getting some tough ones even if you answered the tough ones correctly. Also, when you know the basics of a topic very well, even convoluted questions seem very easy. Just focus on each question as you get it and do not focus on the level of questions you are getting.
The 2 questions would have inflated your score but only slightly. Since the software is adaptive, no one or two can make or break your score. That is the reason that you should quit on a question if you are unable to solve it instead of spending 6 mins on it.
GMAT Club Bot