Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Any good tips on increasing test scores from 670 to 700's in a week? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
zynf123 wrote:
Hey all,

To start, I have been playing around this website for a couple of weeks now and it has been very helpful with my studying, so thank you for everyone that is very active here.

I have been studying very casually (doing problems from the official GMAT book for 30 minutes sporadically) for the GMAT for around 5 months. I will be taking the GMAT in 7 days and would like to maximize my study time most efficiently.

I just took my first my first CAT practice exam, the free GMAT prep one, and received (Q:43, V:39) 670 and am aiming for the 700's range. I am also assuming that without studying I will receive somewhere between 650-680 (understanding the inaccuracy of the free exam). Meaning, that I should attempt to receive at least 720 on my next practice exam to ensure my place in the 700's.

Do you guys have any good last minute tips how to improve the Q from 43 to at least a 48? Is that a feasible goal(I do a lot of math in my major)?

Also, any tips on getting those tough verbal questions right that would increase my 39 up to the 40's?

Thank you!

The last few days might not be useful to learn anything new and then apply it on the test however, the following points might help you maximise your score.

1. If you take the next CAT, make sure you take it along with AWA and IR. This will train your body and mind for the 4 hours
2. Make sure you pay attention to the first 10 questions. This will help you in building your score
3. Make sure you take both the breaks and give your mind the much needed break
4. Complete both the sections. There is a huge penalty for not completing the sections. You can make a benchmarking chart to remind you of the approximate question number you should be at a point of time.
5. Belive in yourself and you will be smiling at the end of the 4 hours looking at your score in the screen

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Any good tips on increasing test scores from 670 to 700's in a week? [#permalink]