Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone who applied to LBS first round MBA..check your emails! I just got invitation to LBS' interview. Needless to say, I'm really excited. And just in time for Thanksgiving here in US.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats man

Your profile and any inputs regd LBS essays will help prospective applicants

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
also invited... [#permalink]
hey, congratulations! I've also been invited for the interview! let's exchange more info by private messages. hope the interviews will be held soon! good luck and keep in touch! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I posted most of my background on ambassador section. My main tip is to give a balanced profile. I highlighted unique program aspects from LBS' program and clearly stated my intermediate and long term goals. LBS and european apps seem more strict with word counts so conciseness and precision is key.

eguzki-give me dummy email, and we'll keep in touch. Congrats! and good luck with interviews!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
A word of advice for LBS: You might want to research a bit about the faculty. We have professor Dick Brealey who is an emeritus professor of finance and published the perhaps most broadly used book in corpororate finance: Principles of Corporate Finance. You can read a bit about him and other faculty members here: https://www.london.edu/facultyprofiles.h ... aphiesByID)/01E136B9B09226F480256A0600315217?OpenDocument
Although professor Brealey is no longer lecturing, one can still learn from his mentoring should one have any question pertaining to his field of expertise.

:btw It's always good to know a bit about the faculty as it could show some interest in the school itself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
interview? [#permalink]
So, did you have your interview yet, Carloz? I'll have mine on the weekend, I hope it goes well. Would be glad to hear about your experience, since they seem to have introduced some new elements to the interview.

I gave you my e-mail address per private message instead of posting it here.

Good luck,
eguzki.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
eguzki,

I recently had my interview. I think I did well. I prepared using accepted.com as they have an extensive list of past interviews. My advice is have plenty of examples. They definitely read your apps and essays in depth. My 5 min. impromptu was a sales situation, but very easy. Most people have had little difficulty with it. Make bullet points in your head and don't memorize answers to basic questions (why mba, why lbs, etc.) and you'll sound genuine.

You can email me at thakria666@aol.com. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
offer [#permalink]
The offers are out now! I have an offer, so happy :-). How about you Carloz? There's a whole discussion going on on the business week forum among the people who have an offer and they've set up a mailgroup already as well if you want to join. Hope you also heard good news!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats eguzki!

Unfortunately, I was one of the waitlisted candidates. LBS was the only school I applied Round 1 but looks like I will get my final answer along with the other schools I applied for in Round 2 in late feb/early march.

Good luck at LBS!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lbs [#permalink]
I'm sorry to hear that Carloz! That's a pity. Which other schools are you applying to for the coming rounds? There are quite a few people on the businessweek forum who were waitlisted at LBS but admitted to Oxford Said so I think chances at other European schools are quite good. Also I met with an LBS alumni recently who was waitlisted in the first round and still got into the MBA programme in the same year. Good luck with your other applications!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm also applying to IESE in Europe and several US schools. I've been told by my interviewer that LBS likes to waitlist people and based on the businessweek numbers, I guess I still have a chance. Looks like they just want to compare me to Round 2 candidates.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]