Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Re: How? [#permalink]
rosstbomb wrote:
Thanks. How do I move the process forward? How is the pricing structured? I would prefer an hourly rate rather than a lump sum because I typically have my "stuff" together and have already done countless hours of research and have put together a strengths / weakness matrix, etc., etc. Anyway, please let me know how you recommend I move forward.

One question: do you know if recommendations have to follow the application questions or if the recommender can write an "essay" recommendation covering the salient characteristics? Will I be penalized if they do this? I am applying to ten schools and would prefer that my recommenders, who are all very busy, be able to write one solid essay and not have to answer 10 unique forms...

Lastly, are you for hire as part of accepted.coms consulting practice or individually?

Rosstbomb,

Accepted.com offers many different service packages (school-specific, for example, or individual essay-by-essay services), but the basic distinction is between hourly and flat-fee services. The latter tend to most useful for those who need the most help. You sound like you would be a good candidate for our hourly services, which if purchased in bulk can reduce the actual per-hour rate you pay by alot. The next step is to check out the description of our services at our website and to choose the one you prefer. You can also call me directly at (949) 589-1031 and I can take care of the billing.

The only way the one-reco-letter-fits-all approach will work is if the generic letter your recommenders write covers *all* the questions on their reco forms. Most schools insist these days that the recommender directly answer their questions. Since this could give you a really long generic letter, you could just combine the reco questions of the schools you most want to get into and hope your safety schools don't care that your reco letters aren't exactly responsive (it should not be a deal-breaker). I discuss all this is the chapter on reco letters in my book.

My services are available through Accepted.com, but when you sign up with me you work exclusively with me -- I won't shunt you off to some consulting intern or junior editor. :-)

I look forward to working with you.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: How? [#permalink]