Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: Application Strategy - Help needed [#permalink]
Maverick, you should have applied in R2 with the applicant pool being so competitive this year and getting only more competitive with the economy in a downturn. With that said, If you really want to get into a program this year, I would apply to a safety school (top 15-20). Ross admits only a few applicants in R3, I don't know about Duke and UCLA. Also, being an international might play a big part in the decision making with all the visa complications. Good luck!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Maverick,

I would give schools with 4 rounds a try in R3. So UCLA R3 might work for you. Haas R3 is Jan 31st, if you can finish in 2 weeks. R4's for those schools are very bad, just like R3's at Ross and elsewhere.

I would probably wait if you can't make the 4-round schools' R3.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you all, I guess waiting out is a better option at this stage. This also gives me a chance to relook at my application in its entirety and add a fresh look to it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Another thing to consider, I believe some schools will not admit international students in the final round because of visa concerns. So definitely look into whether they actually admit international students in the final round.

It might help to wait until next year and come up with a list of schools where your chances are stronger. I dont think the Indian applications will be as affected by the slumping economy in the US as some other demographics. Besides its already an extremely tough one so a year isnt going to make it that much harder, since its already so tough.

My advice is to wait until next year since your chances are so slim in R3. Also I hate to say it but given the competition in your pool, I recommend you retake the GMAT. A 700 is a great score but if you ask the Indians on here who have had success many have 750+ and if you are waiting until next year you will have plenty of time to work on bringing up your score. Also I suggest you frequent this place, there are lots of discussions from people on what worked for them and you can really absorb a lot about the process by just following some of the threads. Also, chances are there will be some people on here right now who will be attending the schools you will apply to next year, and most everyone here is super helpful and they will probably be able to give you some constructive advice on essay approaches and such. And honestly the more you are involved on here the more people are willing to help.
GMAT Club Bot